Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

U

December 15th, 2017 08:00

Failed hot spare lun

I have a VNX array which has a hot-spare lun.

We had a failure in a pool, at which time the hot spare lun took over.

However, the hot spare lun also failed, resulting in corruption.

I tried to delete the the pool, but the hot-spare lun is still marked in-use and I cannot drop it to replace the drive.

Im stuck with the hot-spare disk faulted and attempts to replace it are failing and I cannot delete the hot spare lun or raid group.

Stuck...

222 Posts

December 15th, 2017 09:00

Please help. I cannot delete the pool either. The pool has been stuck in "deleting" state for several days now.

The entire array is dedicated to a single pool, and now the entire array is stuck. I cannot delete the pool, nor the hot spare, and I cannot allocate new storage since the pool is taking the entire array.

The entire array is useless in this state. Please help.

8.6K Posts

December 17th, 2017 03:00

In this case you need to contact customer service and have them help with internal commands

222 Posts

December 18th, 2017 01:00

I dont have support, which is why im asking here.

222 Posts

December 18th, 2017 06:00

> naviseccli -h vnx3-spa storagepool -destroy -id 0 -o

Unable to destroy the Storage Pool because it is Destroying

1.2K Posts

December 20th, 2017 07:00

You're probably stuck, unfortunately.  Support will need to engage with the appropriate commands to interrupt the destroy process and walk back the errors.  If you have no support contract, you can ask EMC to open a time-and-materials charge to assist you - the amount isn't too much.

Let us know if that helps!

Karl

222 Posts

December 20th, 2017 07:00

The cost is the issue...

Is there a way to "reset" the array?

4.5K Posts

December 22nd, 2017 10:00

There's a couple of ways to "reset" the array but all include the loss of all data.

glen

222 Posts

December 24th, 2017 20:00

Loss of data is not a concern, after the failure of the pool all luns were removed. There is no data on the array.

Can you tell me how to proceed?

No Events found!