Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

J

August 28th, 2013 13:00

Finding MAC addresses without Unisphere?

Hi,

I have a new VNXe3300.  Our network denies common traffic to and from unlisted MAC addresses.  Our network technician is being exceedingly slow at retrieving physical adapter information on the port level due to service volume at the moment and I'd like to at least add it so we can begin configuration and setup on our end.

Is there an easier way to get these?  I can see the device using the VNXe Connection Utility but that doesn't matter because assigning the device to pick a static IP does not add the MAC address as a registered device on our end...

Thanks much!

Community Manager

• 

6.1K Posts

August 29th, 2013 02:00

Hi John,

Why don't you want to get MAC address from Unisphere? It is a easiest way to get MAC address.

Of course, you can also get MAC address from command line through "svc_networkcheck -i | grep mac" and "ipconfig  -a"

MAC2.jpg

MAC1.png

MAC3.png

August 29th, 2013 05:00

Ah, well it was my initial understanding that Unisphere was merely a hosted thin client application on the VNXe as the install guide has as a last step ‘connect via web browser’ for DHCP enabled networks. Alternatively, as in my case, the VNXe connection utility should have a ‘Launch Unisphere’ button once the configuration is complete. As I have no connectivity with the device, the configuration fails and thus no button appears.

Community Manager

• 

6.1K Posts

August 29th, 2013 18:00

You can try to connect VNXe device and get MAC address through serial cable. If also cannot connect successfully, you must need to resolve the connection issue first.

August 30th, 2013 09:00

We ended up doing this essentially. Brought in an unmanaged switch to get into Unisphere with a laptop and pull the device details.

Thanks!

Community Manager

• 

6.1K Posts

September 1st, 2013 17:00

Do you still have not resolved problem?

September 3rd, 2013 08:00

Nope all set thanks, managed to get into Unisphere and the VNXe is now live!

Community Manager

• 

6.1K Posts

September 6th, 2013 01:00

Glad to see the issue has solved.

Please help to mark answer as "correct/helpful answer" if it helps. Thanks.

No Events found!