Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 23rd, 2015 11:00

Limiting number of checkpoints in snapsure

I created a checkpoint schedule and couldn't find in the GUI where you could limit the number of checkpoints created.  Upon investigation I see that you can create a checkpoint through the CLI and specify the number (-keep_).  My questions are:

1. Is there a place in the GUI to do this?
  2. Can I modify the existing checkpoint or do I have to recreate using the CLI?

thanx

2 Intern

• 

20.4K Posts

July 23rd, 2015 11:00

cannot modify an existing schedule, will need to create a new one. When you create new schedule in the gui on the bottom of the screen you will see an option "Number of checkpoints to keep".

8.6K Posts

July 24th, 2015 02:00

Sure you can modify a checkpoint schedule via CLI

37 Posts

July 24th, 2015 04:00

Thanks but in the documentation for modifying a checkpoint schedule (Using VNX SnapSure pg 62) -keep is not one of the properties to modify.  I will give it a try anyway and see what happens.  I was hoping you could use the GUI as it's easier for my backup person to remember.

2 Intern

• 

20.4K Posts

July 24th, 2015 05:00

Rainer_EMC wrote:

Sure you can modify a checkpoint schedule via CLI

look at the man page

37 Posts

July 24th, 2015 06:00

Found the CLI commands for SnapSure.  Did a modify -keep 6 to keep 6 checkpoints per instructions.  How do I verify that it really did modify?  I did a -info and didn't see anything pertaining to -keep. I'm sure there is nothing in the GUI.

674 Posts

July 27th, 2015 04:00

the -keep used during creation, will not be found directly using the -info option.

Instead take a look at the number of checkpoints the -info option is listing, this is the number which was specified using the -keep option when creating the schedule.

What I did not find was a way, changing the -keep number after creation, because on my system there is no -modify -keep (I think this is only possible by deleting and recreating the schedule).

No Events found!