Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 10th, 2012 06:00

Migrating Data from Hp MSA 1000 and IBM4300 to VNX5300

Hi Team,

I need help in accomplishing this task. In our client environment, they have one cluster win exchange servers 2003 directly attached  to  HP MSA 1000 and one more  win exchange server cluster attached to IBM4300. Now they want to decommision these boxes and connect this exchange servers to the new VNX5300 box. Now the task is to migrate the mail boxes from both the storage arrays to the new VNX box without any downtime.

Kindly help me out with the step by step procedure and docs for this migration with 0 downtime.

Regards,

Pranav.

56 Posts

Thanks dynamox for your immediate response.

My doubt is, can we use SANCOPY Push method inorder to migrate the data from Hp and IBM boxes to VNX box.I know there will be less downtime when compare to Pull method.

And as per your answer, you mean directly creating storage groups and luns of the same size of that as the dependent arrays in the VNX array and then presenting this storage groups to the exchange servers and then moving this mail boxes to the VNX storage, am i correct?

Please kindly give me a doc regarding this online process steps you suggested.

Thanks,

Pranav.

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

if you are going to use San Copy, there will be downtime ..an extended one too because you will be pulling data from MSA/IBM to VNX ..during which time source devices can not be in use.  One option is to present VNX storage to your Exchange servers, create new databases and move mailboxes around ..that process will be online.

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

April 10th, 2012 07:00

in order to perform SanCopy push, source array has to be Clariion/VNX.

Yes, present LUNs from VNX and create new mailbox database. I am not an exchange administration, you will need to get details from your exchange team.

No Events found!