Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D

January 29th, 2013 23:00

Storage Analytics Licensing Question

Hi there,

we are currently running a vCOps 5.6 Enterprise installation and we are looking at adding EMC Storage Analytics to monitor our VNX boxes. I found out that there might be two different deplyoment methods:

1. vCOps OEM with Storage Analytics

2. VNX Adapter for existing vCOps environment (our prefered one)

Do I have to license the adapter nevertheless we have vCOps Enterprise in place?

If so: Is there a difference in licensing between (1) and (2)?

Cheers,

daniel

181 Posts

February 21st, 2013 06:00

I'm not 100% sure on the final licenseing as i'm speaking from my experience with the release candidate, but it was suposed to have two different licenses depending on what you were going to do.  If you did not have vCOps at all, it comes with a vCOps vApp and license to activate in vSphere.  That just gets the vApp to run, but doesn't let you do any of the VMware analytics.  Then you install the VNX adapter.  When setting up and configuring the adapter, there are idividual keys for each array you have that you will configure one by one as you setup each instance.

**UPDATE** So the whole thing is still sold as part of the Storage Analytics Suite.  We will give you a version of vCOps to use if you don't already have one, but there aren't two different options to purchase.

17 Posts

September 9th, 2013 10:00

Hi

Is it possible to buy the Adapter and not the VCOPS OEM licens ? The suite is very expensive, when you already have VCOPS in place. Then it is hard to figure out why i would buy a suite including a OEM version of the software i already have.

8.6K Posts

September 10th, 2013 07:00

Thats the way it currently is - I would suggest to talk to your sales guy for a solution

No Events found!