Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 6th, 2012 02:00

Temperature Monitoring VNX Systems

Hey all,

does anyone know a way to get the Temperature Sensor Data from the System Monitored? within the GUI Monitoring i cant find something, is there any CLI Command or something?

regards,

Martin

19 Posts

Yes this will do most of my usecase, now i only must find a way to get CPU Temperature and so on. Because with that Command i only get back the Inline Temperature of the Chassis. If you have some Advanced Commands, please let me know.

Maybe there is a way to get the Info via SNMP or so...

433 Posts

I think you are looking for the power consumption figures for your array and you can get the same by using the below commands.

For Block Only

The command line to determine the power consumption and reports inlet air temperature and input power:

naviseccli -h <IP address of SP A/B> environment -list -array [-power] [-present]|[-average] -enclosure [bus_enc|spe] [-power|-intemp [f|c]] [-present]|[-average] -sps [-sp a|b] [-power] [-present]|[-average] -all

For File/Unified

The nas_environment command is as follows :

nas_environment -info { -system [-present|-average] -dme [enclosure_id] [-intemp [f|c]|-power] [-present]|[-average]  -array [-present|-average] -shelf {<shelf_id>|<-all>} [-intemp [f|c]|-power] -present|-average]  -battery [a|b] [-present|-average]  -spe [-intemp [f|c]|-power] [-present|-average] -all }

For GUI Monitoring please Refer Primus id : emc287025 for further explainations and procedure.

Its a Customer veiwable article.

Thanks

Rupal Rajwar

433 Posts

August 6th, 2012 03:00

May i know the model of the array.

Thanks

Rupal Rajwar

19 Posts

August 6th, 2012 04:00

Hi,

i need to know that for VNX Systems (all of them). I test this on out Lab System, which is a VNX5300.

Martin

433 Posts

August 6th, 2012 05:00

No there are no advance commands to know the CPU temp (in specific) even in VNX. Through SNMP also i dont think you can get this info as its not even mentioned in the V3 documents.

Thanks

No Events found!