Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 27th, 2013 10:00

VNX + RPA

I've seen in the EMC RecoverPoint Installation and Deployment Guide (P/N 300-010-476) that it is possible to connect Recover Point to the VNX in Direct Attach, Client is planning to use this VNX in a lab enviroment with only two or three host attached to the VNX, so instead of adding switches, I upgraded to 8 ports in each SP, but I'm unsure if this will work, because it says DAS configuration is intended for iSCSI host-connected enviroments, ¿do it say so because of the unexistence of san switches or there is actually a limitation with FC-DAS Hosts?

Screen Shot 2013-05-27 at 12.41.28 PM.png

30 Posts

May 28th, 2013 05:00

I believe that wording is more of a "guess" that you have no FC switches and therefor probably using iSCSI and do not have many FC ports on the SPs. I believe that a direct attach will work fine with FC hosts but you might want to do a quick RPQ or open a pre-sales support ticket.

1 Message

May 28th, 2013 12:00

Much like yourself, I had to rely on the same information.  I do have a setup where the RPAs are plugged into a VNX5500 FC ports.  We are using 10GB iSCSI for data connections.  If you are using the array splitter, I can not foresee an issue with using FC connectivity for your hosts as well.  The other two ports on the RPAs should be connected to each other.  I am assuming you only have 2 RPAs in the cluster.  I would ensure none of the RPAs are connected to any MirrorView ports.  If memory serves me correctly, make sure the RPAs are connected directly to FC ports on the SPs and not an expansion SFP on the file side.

No Events found!