Start a Conversation

Unsolved

3 Posts

January 30th, 2019 04:00

VNXe 3100: Forever Rebuilding

I'm attempting to get an ailing VNXe back to health. After finally finding a vendor for the correct disks, I've replaced all of the faulted disks and they've all resynchronized okay except for it. It's currently giving the following message:

"DPE Disk 10: Warning - A disk is resynchronizing with the system because it has been replaced, or the hot spare disk was activated. System performance may be affected during resynchronization. Caution: Do not do anything with the disk until it has finished synchronizing."

The thing is, it's been doing this for about a week now, or longer, and all of the other disk replacements only took less than a day to resync. 

It's also in the Hot Spare pool, which is saying, "Hot Spare Pool (in use)", even though all of the faulted disks have been replaced. 

I can't find any way to get a progress report on the resync job. Is there a way to do that? I'd love to at least be able to find out if it's even progressing. 

We have another disk of the same time I could swap for it, but I'm wary of the "Caution: Do not do anything with the disk until it has finished synchronizing." message.

No Responses!
No Events found!