Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 8th, 2015 10:00

VNXe 3200 - 10GB SFP + Module

I'm wanting to use two ports from each of SP-A and SP-B on my new VNXe for connectivity to 10GB modules on new 3850 switches (with 2 10GB ports per switch, stack of 2).  I've got everything cabled up and all is working well.  The only issue I have is that the Health Status is indicating that it want cables plugged into Ports 3 & 4 of each SP.  I'm not wanting to use those.  How do I get the system to drop the error condition (see below picture)?

1 Attachment

May 8th, 2015 11:00

Hi Smith,

Can you have a look at article: https://emc--c.na5.visual.force.com/apex/KB_BreakFix_1?id=kA1700000001FIz

Regards,

Swapnil

May 8th, 2015 15:00

When I log in, using my partner ID, I get an "Access denied" message.  It says "Page you are trying to access is not allowed.  Sorry for inconvenience."  Can you provide a publicly facing article on this?

14 Posts

July 31st, 2015 08:00

- If there is no configuration on an eth port, and network cable is disconnected, the port shows as blank/unconnected.

- If there is an IP configuration on an Ethernet port, with no cable connected, VNXe treats it as a possible data link down. The port is then marked as ‘red’ implying that it lost connection to the network.

Note: Physical link disconnection, and shutting down a port from switch are treated differently. If we bring down the port from the switch, the ‘red’ icon doesn’t appear.

January 6th, 2016 22:00

I'm having a similar issue, and haven't found a work-around yet. We ordered the I/O module with no SFP slots with the intention of using direct-connect/twin-ax cables to connect to our switching, but only have two cables connected per SP. Due to the ports being empty, it's putting our Storage Pools into a "Warning" state, which is preventing us from being able to perform any software upgrades on the system. It seems that the only way to clear this particular warning would be to put in two compatible SFP+ modules in each SP, but spending many hundreds of dollars on modules that we're likely never going to use just to clear an error doesn't seem like a great fix.

Has anyone else found a way around the "SFP module in this port has been removed" error?

4.5K Posts

January 7th, 2016 09:00

Is there an IP address configured for the unused ports? If so, you need to remove the IP address from the unused ports and that should get rid of the error.

glen

January 7th, 2016 10:00

Hi Glen, thanks for the reply,

I confirmed that there isn't an IP address configured on the ports that are displaying the error:

port config.JPG.jpg

port warning.JPG.jpg

Current software version: 3.1.1.5395470 (trying to update, but can't while these errors persist, apparently)

4.5K Posts

January 7th, 2016 12:00

I'd recommend that you open a service request with EMC at this point.

glen

No Events found!