Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 22nd, 2016 19:00

VNXe3150 - Duplicate address on Shared Folder Server

I'm trying to configure a Shared Folder Server on a EMC VNXe3150 running Version 2.4.4.22283. It has been running for a few weeks without any issues until an alert appeared today indicating that it detected a duplicate address.

I've removed the network interface from the shared folder server, and then tried to ping the IP address from both the switch and via EMC Unisphere webpage's routing configuration) but didn't get any response. After adding the interface again, the same error message popped up instantly. Any ideas?

IP Address: 192.168.3.21

Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

Gateway: 192.168.3.100

Port: eth10/eth11 (link aggregation)

Error message: A duplicate address was detected on the network. The address being configured cannot be used, because it is being used by another node.

4.5K Posts

March 29th, 2016 08:00

In general, you may have a new device that is using the same IP address. what do you get when you ping that IP address? Have you shut down the array and then do a ping?

glen

1.2K Posts

March 29th, 2016 10:00

You may need to get your network team involved.  We had a misconfigured server that had an IP address conflict with our storage server.  The vendor also set iptable entries to drop ICMP, so the server didn't respond to pings.  Our network team had to look at the switch traffic to determine this server was using the wrong IP address, since I could only ping that IP when my array was connected.

No Events found!