Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

K

December 16th, 2013 04:00

flash modelling tool

does anybody know or have a very high level flash modelling tool. I just want to demonstrate graphically if possible what flash would give us compared to SAS NL SAS with a OLTP type workload. We want to look at justifying a business case for flash storage to potentially improve performance on a SQL OLTP workload

December 17th, 2013 14:00

Please consider moving this question as-is (no need to recreate) to the proper forum for maximum visibility.  Questions written to the users' own "Discussions" space don't get the same amount of attention and can go unanswered for a long time.

You can do so by selecting "Move" under ACTIONS along the upper-right.  Then search for and select a community that represents the hardware you are referencing.

4.5K Posts

February 12th, 2014 15:00

A bit late in answering, but I believe that a similar tool may exist for the EMC Professional Services group to use. You might want to contact you EMC account manager and discuss this.

glen

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

February 12th, 2014 18:00

Hey Kingcap,

I have done a bit of performance modeling on the VNX and VNX2 arrays with my customers, and have seen data sets from other co-workers who have worked with their customers.

I have seen upwards of 70% of the workloads (mixed mind you, but OLTP/Exchange/File) running off the flash drives in those arrays.

We know that flash drive performance is much higher as compared to SAS drives.

I know that not directly answer your question as glen stated reach out to your EMC account manager or SE and they can point you in the right direction getting some of that modeling data.

Michael

No Events found!