Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 12th, 2018 03:00

replacing I/O module and have fault

hi

i have VNX 5200 with 2 16G I/O module. before the turning on the storage and initializing that i replacing the 16G  I/O module with 8G I/O Module and turning on the storage and initialize that. but i have fault on i/O modules.with this description "the SP expected for 16G I/O module." after that i cant do any thing on my device such as adding licenses ,....

i test the 8G I/O modules on another vnx  device and they work without any problem. i try with USM to installing I/O module again but that's not work and the I/O modules are still on orange LED and fault status.

do you have any idea about my situation?

1.2K Posts

September 12th, 2018 10:00

Yes - you cannot simply swap one I/O module for another.  You need to use USM to run the appropriate array procedure for the swap.  You can also find documentation by going to mydocs.emc.com/vnx and create the procedure with the appropriate steps.

Let us know if that helps!

Karl

2 Posts

September 15th, 2018 14:00

tanx for answer
but i try with USM to installing I/O module again but that's not work and the I/O modules are still on orange LED and fault status.

i think the oe of my device work only with 16G I\O Module and i think that oe should change with another that support 8G I\O Module.

am i right?

if i right i need the re-image procedure for vnx 5200 block
note: i dont have any support and im not partner.
what can i do? what i need?

3 Posts

August 22nd, 2022 23:00

hi, did you find any solution for this problem

• 

7.1K Posts

August 23rd, 2022 06:00

Hello nematipnr,

It is best to open a support case so that we can gather some information to see why the controller is not being added to your VNX system.

No Events found!