Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 9th, 2014 19:00

Vplex Authentication with AD

Can we integrate Vplex login authentication with Active Directory? We are facing issues are many are using defaults saying password retention policy? Can we change password retention policy for Vplex for every 180 days?

Vplex version 5.2

2.1K Posts

May 11th, 2014 20:00

You need to use the EZ-Setup Wizard to configure VPLEX for authentication directory service (LDAP/AD). It's the step during initial VPLEX implementation.  See the steps in VPLEX Configuration Guide

17 Posts

May 12th, 2014 06:00

It can be done only during initial setup?

May 13th, 2014 06:00

emcsanman101 : you can set the password  policy with no expiration on it(opened a case with EMC and they set the PW with no expiration). configuration of VPLEX with LDAP can be done at any time not only during the Implementation process. Did I answered your question ?

17 Posts

May 13th, 2014 07:00

Thanks Nalluri, I will work with EMC to get non-experation password( assume it is different from master admin password)

Do we have any detailed documentation on integration with Active Directory? I found this useful, but more on LDAP. I am looking for AD

How to configure LDAP for VPLEX?

May 13th, 2014 07:00

What you mean by Master admin ? Even if the admin PW expires you can change it by logging in through CLI but not through GUI. CLI will prompt you to change the PW. I am not familiar with confgiguration of  VPLEX with AD . 

No Events found!