Andrew291
2 Iron

Re: Ask the Expert: Installation and Configuration of ViPR for Isilon, VMAX and VNX Discovery

SH,

You have a lot of questions and I'm not sure I understand them all.  For ViPR controller we are not in the data path.  For Object/Data nodes we are in the data path.  On the provisioning side we have services/orchestration that can provide file provisioning just like block.  This download is for the provisioning use case.  I suggest downloading some of the ViPR documentation to read up on some of the recommendations and capabilities of the product.  ViPR has been designed to scale for the enterprise environment.  There are some videos on this site as well as YouTube.  Please let me know what else we can answer for you. 

Andrew

0 Kudos
madhurtiwari
1 Nickel

Re: Ask the Expert: Installation and Configuration of ViPR for Isilon, VMAX and VNX Discovery

SH,

To add to what Andrew has mentioned, you can refer to the documentation available on the below mentioned link:

https://support.emc.com/products/32034_ViPR/Documentation/

You may want to check:

1. Data Sheet and Compatibility Matrix

2. User Guide

3. Administrator Guide

Regards,

Madhur Ved Tiwari

0 Kudos
Highlighted
soetingr
2 Bronze

I would like to know if there is a way to batch import hosts. We have about +1000 servers that we potentially need to add to this configuration and I am for sure not going to do that by hand.

Second question is about license, is license based on managed storage or resources?

thanks

0 Kudos

Hi,

You could use ViPR CLI to create a script that imports hosts automatically.

ViPR Controller is licensed by managed storage capacity.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards

0 Kudos
Jeffey1
4 Ruthenium

Hi Expert,

what storage arrays except VMAX, Isilon and VNX does ViPR support? Does ViPR Object-on-file service replace Atmos?

0 Kudos
kumara74
1 Nickel

Hi Jeffey,

Apart from VMAX, Isilon and vnx block and file, ViPR supports VPLEX VS2, RecoverPoint and NetApp. You can refer ViPR Data Sheet and Compatibility Matrix at https://support.emc.com/products/32034_ViPR/Documentation for more information such as supported version, supported protocols , etc.

Object-on-file is a feature of ViPR and it'll not replace Atmos.

Thanks

Aditya Kumar

0 Kudos

Hi there

I'm trying to configure RecoverPoint using ViPR.

I have two questions.

Q1

I registered RecoverPoint at Physical Assets tab > Data Protection Systems tab.

I registered VNX5800 at Physical Assets tab > SMI-S Providers tab.

And, I registered two Virtual Arrays and Network at Virtual Assets tab.

I want to register RecoverPoint Copy in Virtual Pool.

But, I can't select Virtual Array and Virtual Pool.

test.png

Why I can't select Virtual Pool and Virtual Array?

I want to know how to configure RecoverPoint using ViPR.

*This RecoverPoint and VNX5800 can replicate volume(CDP) by manual configuration.

Q2

I could registered RecoverPoint 4.0.SP2.P1(m.29) using ViPR 1.1.

I couldn't registered RecoverPoint 4.0 P1(f.231) using ViPR 1.1.

I couldn't registered RecoverPoint 4.0 SP2.P1(m.29) using ViPR 1.0.

I couldn't registered RecoverPoint 4.0 P1(f.231) using ViPR 1.0.

But, Compatibility Guide is write that ViPR suppots RecovverPoint 4.0.

Why I coludn't register?

*This RecoverPoint is physical.

0 Kudos
kumara74
1 Nickel

Hi Ryo,

We'll be happy to assist you to resolve these issue at earliest. Request you to open a Service request with support team to engage us.

Regards

Aditya Kumar

0 Kudos
Jeffey1
4 Ruthenium

I got it, thank you for the information.

0 Kudos
RobertoAraujo1
3 Cadmium

This Ask the Expert event has now ended. Thanks to our expert and those who participated in the discussion!

Just so you know, next week we're having the folowing ATE event:

- Ask the Expert: What's New in EMC Documentum 7.1?

Please, join us or let your peers know about it.

Cheers!

0 Kudos