Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 24th, 2014 01:00

Does ViPR SRM come with ViPR?

Hi there,

Quick question, does ViPR SRM comes with the ViPR controller/Data Services license?

I only ask as you can add SRM install to a ViPR quote in CXP but not a base license.

Thanks in advance,

Ed

116 Posts

November 24th, 2014 05:00

Hello Ed,

There is no bundle of ViPR SRM and ViPR Controller/Services.   I don't have access to CXP, so I'm not sure what you're seeing.  It sounds like it's an error.   As I mentioned, I suggest you reach out to your EMC contact or the ASD Help desk.   They should be able to help you get it sorted out.

Paula

116 Posts

Hello Ed,

ViPR SRM does not come with ViPR Controller and ViPR Data Services.   These are different products.  ViPR SRM automates management insight of the storage environment.   ViPR Controller automates provisioning and provides a policy-based self-service catalog to customers request their own storage.  ViPR Data Services allows customers to run Object, Block and HDFS workloads on commodity storage (and traditional storage). 

If you need help with a channel express quote, my suggestion is that you reach out to your EMC contct or send an email to the ASD Help Desk at  ASDHelp@emc.com

Paula

214 Posts

I did mention in my post that it appears you can add SRM install services in the ViPR section of CXP but there are no ViPR SRM license options. I understand the difference between the products, the question is if in buying ViPR controller or DS you get some SRM bundled in? I would stand to reason considering the SRM install services is an option when quoting ViPR or has it been put there just to confuse everyone?

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

November 24th, 2014 06:00

Hi all,

the reporting of ViPR can be done with the ViPR solution pack. If you already run ViPR SRM this would be another solution pack you deploy next to the existing ones. If you don't have ViPR SRM running you can use the professional service engagement to deploy a base ViPR SRM with the ViPR solution pack. Therefore you have this additional reference for PS.

Best regards,

Mike

16 Posts

November 24th, 2014 07:00

The basic ViPR service comes with VipR M&R.  This is the same M&R used for VNX but with the ViPR SP installed.  It is a single VM that can be installed and loaded.  It is not VIPR SRM.  Its a very light version and gives only a very limited set of metrics. It is not upgradeable to full blown ViPR SRM.   If they wish to have the full blown metrics  and things such as chargeback, they will need to purchase the software snd services to have ViPR SRM installed which will give them this capbaility. 

214 Posts

November 27th, 2014 05:00

Thanks for the response but were is the documentation on this? All I see in CXP is ViPR SRM installation with no indication that this actually means ViPR M&R.

No Events found!