Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 10th, 2014 07:00

Failing to collect discovery data for XIV arrays

Hi All,

We are currently having a issue trying to collect discovery data for a few of our IBM XIV's.  I have looked through the logs and found what is attached to this discussion.

Please view the attached screenshot of the log. After searching through the knowledge base, for this query 'Failure authenticating with BASIC" led me to this KB article 000188256. I'm not thinking this article applies to us since we already know the user account we use to connect to the SMI provider does have storage admin rights. Could a specific firmware be the cause of this issue as well?

Thanks

1 Attachment

22 Posts

November 10th, 2014 08:00

Great! Thank you Connor! I will do so what you suggested right now and Ill get back to you.

Thanks again and Ill keep you posted!

--Nick

2 Intern

• 

233 Posts

November 10th, 2014 08:00

Hi Nick,

Have seeing a similar issue previously when using a read-only account discovering the XIV in SRM and it would only collect the data if the same user was actively logged into the XIV. If that user logs out of the XIV would see similar messages to what you got and as soon as logged back in again SRM would start collecting data. Ticket was opened with IBM and they mentioned they would fix the issue in a later release of the firmware.

May be worth testing if you manually log into the XIV with the user added to SRM and see in the SRM logs will the user now connect to the XIVs and data collects 

Do a query from CimNavigator™ or an other CIMOMs query tools on the same sub-net as SRM to the XIV SMI-S agent using the same username/ password and port used in SRM and confirm you can connect. If you can connect will rule out any issues with the SMI-S agent or issue the user/password and port. Get an SR opened with us in support to review and attach the logs if you still have problems 

Regards

Conor

22 Posts

November 10th, 2014 09:00

Just as a FYI Connor,  I was just informed that the customer has a cron job script that has the user account login and run a simple command. This is cached for 15 minutes I believe and the script is set to run every 15 minutes also. Would you happen to know where I can find what micro-code versions are supported for XIV? Currently the floor is a mixed environment with 11.1 &11.3.a..  New arrays being installed will be 11.4.2.a and at some point all the arrays will be 11.4.2.a..  Do you think the Calypso app can help us also as well? I actually do have the SR66944672 open but just wanted to get every available resources input

Thanks again!!

--Nick

No Events found!