Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 6th, 2017 05:00

Filter Alerts based on a Server or VM in the Whole Topology

Hi Folks,

i wan´t to Filter the All Alerts Report so that it only shows Alerts which are related to a VM or Physical Server and it´s whole Topology:

I Mean, if i have a VM, hosted on ESX1 which is Connected through Switch A and B to Storage X and Y i want to Filter on the Name of the VM and get all Errors related to

VM

ESX1

Switch A

Switch B

Storage X

Storage Y

Is there something "All Connected Nodes" or Something i can filter on?

141 Posts

September 7th, 2017 13:00

Hi Shamrok,

This is doable however it does requires a good amount knowledge with the reporting concepts in SRM as we use different properties for the ESX, switch, storage tied to a VM and complex expansions.

For example we use the hypervsr property for the esx, the datastore is the linkedto property; once that part is designed its pretty easy to add a table with the alerts.

You can look at the Explore -> Hosts -> All Hosts -> All Hosts -> report in edit mode to get an idea of what this looks like.

You should consider taking the advanced reporting class in order to familiarize yourself with the way the reports are designed and how complex expansions works.

If you need this quickly we do have a custom reporting team that can do this for you, your account representative would be able to get you more details on this.

regards,

Isaka

No Events found!