Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 24th, 2016 03:00

How do I get a report which maps VMs to their host cluster, datastore and array?

Hi Folks

We are at the early stages of trying to get value out of our ViPR SRM v4.0.1 deployment and i've come up with a report which would be very useful for us to have but unfortunately I can't see this info in any of the out-of-the-box reports. Has anyone created a custom report with the following info for vSphere VMs?

• VM Name
  • ESX Datastore
  • ESX Host Cluster
  • VM storage capacity
  • Array on which the VM is stored.

Any Help Appreciated

Michael

23 Posts

October 24th, 2016 06:00

Hi Isaka

Yes, i've had a look but it doesn't give details about the ESX datastore name or the array which that datastore is hosted on. It does have an "ESX Cluster" column which is available to include in the report but this does not pick up any details.

I think that it might need to be a custom report but I have no idea how to configure this.

Regards, Michael

141 Posts

October 24th, 2016 06:00

Hi Michael,

Have you taken a look at the All>>Explore>>Hosts report, it should include all that you are looking for.

Regards,

Isaka

23 Posts

October 24th, 2016 07:00

Hi Isaka

I do not have a "Storage Connectivity Path" column listed as an optional column (see attached)Capture1.JPG.jpg

Any idea how to add this in?

Regards

Michael

141 Posts

October 24th, 2016 07:00

Hi Michael,

The Storage Connectivity Path Details should include the array on which the datastore in hosted; you should consider opening a service request with support to look into why the ESX Cluster column is empty.

Regards,

Isaka

141 Posts

October 24th, 2016 09:00

Hi Michael,

The Storage connectivity and path details are there by default, however it is a child node of the report and will only display if it has data to report on...

This would suggest that you are either missing some requirement to get end to end topology or something is missing configured in the environment.

You can get more information on the requirements for end to end topology in the SolutionPack installation guide and / or contact support to review your setup.

Regards,

Isaka

23 Posts

October 25th, 2016 00:00

Thanks, I will open an SR.

No Events found!