Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 28th, 2016 16:00

How to Determine the VIPR SRM Version Number

When one goes to the help button in VIPR SRM, instead of the SRM version number, such as VIPR SRM, 3.7.1 one will get the following:

EMC M&R 6.6u2.

The following chart below gives the version you see in help( internal number) with the VIPR SRM number:

versions.JPG.jpg

48 Posts

July 28th, 2016 16:00

Yes,

It's quite pathetic that it has come to this and somehow we have ended up with two products when really we should have one...

I noticed in the realese notes the following, which is so disappointing that they have broken the compatibility of reports between the "two" products.

EMC Service Assurance Suite network-related SolutionPacks have not been updated to use the next generation navigation; therefore, installing Service Assurance Suite SolutionPacks as part of a ViPR SRM 4.0 instance is not supported

The release notes may as well say this:

In the unforeseeable case where a customer happens to have both a storage environment AND a network environment EMC can now offer two incompatible products that do the same thing but have different stickers on the box!

May 18th, 2017 11:00

So mine says 6.7u3.  What version am I running?

14 Posts

May 24th, 2017 06:00

In the new 4.x versions of SRM they have made this easier by clicking the "EMC ViPR SRM" banner/button that takes you to license.

But historically, I've found it easy to run the following command:

/opt/APG/bin/manage-modules.sh list installed | egrep srm

* srm                           Default                    : Product          SRM                           v4.0u1      r64078   linux-x64 

You can run that on all SRM components to make sure you are running the same version of SRM across your environment.  However, agreed that you cannot find it listed under server summary in the solution pack for EMC M&R Health which is quite cumbersome.

No Events found!