Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 22nd, 2018 04:00

ViPR Controller : Customization.

Hi,

2 questions regarding the service catalog edition :

We are setting up categories on our service catalog, and for Block Storage Services, i realize that we can :

- lock the project for vplex volume creation

- lock the project for vplex volume expand and so on

But we cannot lock the project for the Export a "VPlex volume for a host", though i think it makes sense to give the ability to lock this field.

Is this possible to do ?

Another thing, is it possible to format the service description (bold text / line return / etc ?), i tried html, the code is removed when service edition is commited.

Thank you.

January 23rd, 2018 12:00

Hi Paranoidandroid,

I can see where you can specify "project" for a Block Storage Service like "Export volume to a host", but you cannot lock "project" when you go to edit "Export volume to a host" (but you can lock "project" when you edit "Create Block Volume for a host"), so I will reach out to engineering to ask if there is a reason why.

I will also pass on your second question to see if the format can be changed for the "description" field.

(I could not see a way to change it)

I'll post again when I get an answer.

Jay Farrell

January 24th, 2018 07:00

The answer I received was that for both of your questions, the functionality does not exist for either at this time. (Sorry!)

An enhancement request can be opened so that both features can be considered for a future release.

No Events found!