Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 30th, 2015 01:00

Issue with OpenManage Integration for vCenter - OMSA Status: Update Required

Hi,

We have an issue with configuring OpenManage Integration on a vSphere 5.5 U2 Cluster. We deployed OMI for vCenter appliance v 2.3.0 build 290, and we have manually installed OMSA VIB v7.4.0.2 on our 5.5. U2 ESXi hosts.

The issue we are facing is vSphere host compliance - when we start the "Fix Non-Compliant vSphere Host" wizard it displays the correct version of  OMSA - 7.4.0.2 but OMSA Status is "Update Required".

Whe we test the connection to hosts using "Test Connection Profile", it hangs at 0% and will never finish.

Also on the OpenManage Integration tab in vSphere Client "Frimware" option is grayed out.

Please advise how can we make this work?

Regards

Milan

• 

6.2K Posts

January 30th, 2015 12:00

Okay, I did some more digging and found that ESXI 5.5 U1 and U2 are not supported by OMSA at this time.

ftp://ftp.dell.com/Manuals/all-products/esuprt_software/esuprt_virt_solutions/dell-mgmt-plugin-for-vmware-center-2.3_Release%20Notes_en-us.pdf

ESXi 5.5 U1 and U2 are only supported for OMIVV on 12th and 13th generation servers that are capable of out-of-band management and do not require OMSA to be installed on the host system. We are planning to add a supported version of OMSA at a later date.

Thanks

• 

6.2K Posts

January 30th, 2015 09:00

Hello Milan

Did you restart the hosts after installing OMSA? After you install OMSA it will partially function, but a restart is required for full functionality.

Thanks

January 30th, 2015 11:00

Thanks for your reply Daniel!

Yes, actually I think I used some instructions that you have posted in a forum thread, it has youtube video explaining how to install OMSA VIB on ESXi. I used the command:

esxcli software install vib the_name_of_OMSA_vib.zip

After the successful installation, it prompts the user to reboot the host. I rebooted ESXi hosts several times, but this did not help. It still shows OMSA Status - Update Required in compliance view.

I forgot to mention in my first post, that our ESXi hosts in this particular cluster are M600 blades.

January 30th, 2015 14:00

Thanks Daniel for the resolution!

Although not the one that we hoped for, it is good to have some solid reasons why our configuration will not work until a new version of OMSA comes out.

Thank you.

No Events found!