Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

July 23rd, 2012 09:00

Plug-in for vCenter - R610 - CSIOR off - can't enable and use the plug-in

I have three R610 hosts with a 3 server licence for the Dell Plug-in for vCenter.

The three hosts have OMSA 7.1 and are listed as compliant however the CSIOR status is listed as 'Off'. When I run the compliance wizard to fix these hosts and enable CSIOR the process fails with no indication why.

I have read that I should be able to enable CSIOR in iDRAC but I can't find the option.

Unfortunately I can't use the Dell plug-in to update the firmware until the CSIOR status is listed as 'On'.

Has anyone come across this or have a fix please?

Thanks,

Alex

180 Posts

August 2nd, 2012 17:00

Hi asbowen,

Per i.dell.com/.../lifecycle-controller.pdf,

The CSIOR setting is disabled by default and can be enabled locally using USC or remotely with WS-Man.

It can be set to one of the following settings:

Enable: Hardware inventory and configuration information is collected on every system restart. Collecting system inventory might affect boot time depending on the hardware present in the system.

Disable: Hardware inventory and configuration information will not be collected on every system restart. Part replacement might not have the most up to date information when inventory collection on restart is disabled and part replacement accuracy will be impacted.

1 Message

August 2nd, 2012 18:00

Hi Alex,

Here is a screenshot from an early-build R610 showing the Systems Services entries you need if you want to enable CSIOR manually. 

If I remember correctly, one of my 3 R610's had never had it's firmware updated and I needed to update everything on that one before DMPVVC would work with it.The other two R610's were somewhat more recent and the PlugIn worked fine in bringing them up to spec.

Hope this helps,

Glenn

August 15th, 2013 17:00

I have checked the settings on my server to make sure CSIOR is enabled in the iDRAC settings.  With my management page on the plugin it still says CSIOR status unknown.

16 Posts

November 6th, 2013 08:00

I'll thow this out here:

I had one machine that always said CSIOR status was ON--Needed Reboot.

No matter how many times the host was rebooted (you could watch the CSIOR progress bar).  In an attempt to resolve this, I manually turned off CSIOR.

The host then showed up with CSIOR off in the plugin.

I used the plugin to turn CSIOR on.  It said that CSIOR was now on, but needed a reboot.  I rebooted, and now CSIOR shows as unknown.  Fun stuff.  Tried an iDrac soft reset, no luck.

1 Message

June 23rd, 2014 13:00

I had a slightly different issue of the iDRAC settings were on for CSIOR, yet the VCenter Management Center said it was "undetermined".  As a last ditch effort, I unplugged the power supplies for 10 minutes. On reboot, inventory rescan in the management center, all is happy! Finally!  Hope this helps someone else.

21 Posts

June 26th, 2015 03:00

Hi There,

Any idea how I can remotely enable CSIOR on multiple M710HD's ? (11g)

You mention remotely via WS-Man ?

130 Posts

September 30th, 2015 02:00

I have 3 PowerEdge R710 servers showing status 'unknown' and Collect System Inventory on Restart is enabled in the iDrac settings.

Any hints ?

8 Posts

October 13th, 2015 12:00

How about programmatically setting CSIOR on servers that are running Linux?  I don't see CSIOR in the System Setup of the R710.

Thank you.

No Events found!