Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D

January 20th, 2005 02:00

CONTINUOUS RE-INFECTION

Today I installed Microsoft Beta 1 AniSpyware to help solve some spyware issues. It found many items that Norton, CWShredder, SpyBot, etc could not find much less delete. Unfortunately I need your advice again as to how to finally remove 5 items that manage to keep re-installing themselves. They are:

SEP ADWARE; (15 signatures) this seems to be the worst of the 5.

Esyndicate (9 signatures)

MidAddle

SearchExeHijacker

IEPlugin

Any help/guidance is appreciated. Thanks

1.2K Posts

January 20th, 2005 04:00

Start from uninstalling beta software from the production box. :)

Then see this:

Spyware/Virus Removal and Prevention:
http://www.fixyourwindows.com/windowsxpsolutions.htm
(Links to online virus scans on the same page)

Good Luck!

860 Posts

January 20th, 2005 08:00

The reason of reinfection is going to the site where the stated spyware are which then secretly auto install through internet explorer onto your computer.You need to use firefox and also spywareblaster

4.8K Posts

January 20th, 2005 16:00

DD,

After following JameZ advice, post up a HiJackThis log for analysis, and we'll see if any of those are still present in your system log.

-

Mike.

9 Posts

January 23rd, 2005 21:00

Was finally able to download HJT. Since I'm such a novice please instruct me on how to post my HJT this log and also how to create its own folder.  As per the instructions I went to my C: drive, Explore, right click an open area in the main pane, New>Folder,Type HJT & enter. Was this correct as after I downloaded HJT it downloaded but a message appeared to move it from a temporary file. How do I do this? Thanks!

4.8K Posts

January 24th, 2005 05:00

DD5a4a,

Download, then unzip to " C:\HJT", the newest version of HiJackThis; version 1.99.0. Now, let's do the following: 

1.  Click " Scan
  2.  Click " Save log

Notepad will pop-up with a copy of your system long, then: 

1.  " Edit | Select all
  2.  " Edit | Copy

Next, let's " Reply" back to this post, then: 

1.  Right-click on the message body. 
  2.  Select " Paste

Then just " Post" the message, and we'll analyze your log shortly, then post back any recommendation(s).

Mike.

Message Edited by Midnight Star on 01-24-2005 01:59 AM

No Events found!