Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 14th, 2007 11:00

McAfee Security Center

I just received my new XPS 410 with Windows Vista pre-installed.  When I try to update the pre-installed McAfee Security Center it prompts me to register the product before I can update it.  When I click update now and ok, nothing happens.  Anyone else have this issue?

286 Posts

February 14th, 2007 17:00

Man, I've had so much trouble with McAfee the last few days. The update didn't uninstall the old like it said it would and caused all kins of problems. I had to do a tech chat to clear everything up.

1 Message

February 14th, 2007 20:00

I have paid for 18 months of McAfee subscriptions and I got my XPS Laptop in September last year. That means I have over a year to go but after installing Vista None of it works and I have had to uninstall it!!! NOT HAPPY!! Has this happened to anyone else?

Also, when I was still using XP McAfee kept asking for my email address and password for verifying my subscription? How do I do this?

4 Posts

February 16th, 2007 19:00

Hi everybody!

I have the same problem. New PC, Dimension E521, Windows Vista, McAfee Security Center (German version). Cannot register!!

Bad thing, too: Vista does not allow me to install my previous version "McAfee Web Essentials".

I'd be glad about every help!

Michael

20.5K Posts

February 16th, 2007 22:00

Try posting your questions over at McAfee: http://forums.mcafeehelp.com/ You may find other users who had the same problem, so they may be able to tell you what worked for them.

2 Posts

February 21st, 2007 11:00

yes I have the same problem I have spoken toi Mcafee who could not help and spoken to dell customer services who sofar have been far from useful.  If anybody has a solution please can you let me know.

4 Posts

February 21st, 2007 13:00

I have deleted the Dell trial version and re-installed the trial version from the McAfee site. The minor version number is increased, this means Security Center 7.2 and VirusScan 11.2. Yesterday it worked, McAfee updated the DAT file. Today I received again the message to register. We'll see what tomorrow brings. :-)

5 Posts

July 11th, 2007 10:00

I have Security Center 8 (Which cannot be found, anywhere, on the DELL site). Upon installation, when I try to set up an account, it says I already have one. When I send my standard e-mail address to get the password (that I didn't know I had), I receive no reply. When I used their down loadable tech support software it was supposed to be able to look in my machine and get the information; it came back with "Could Not Get Any Account I.D.. I talked to two technicians. The first disconnected prematurely, the second just passed me off to another support site .... McAfee Dell Support. I did get an 1 800 number, but I do not wish to try to decode broken English this early in the A.M.. The fun part is that I got a thirty day trial (once, original to the machine), and a second time when I requested what I paid for ... a three year subscription.
No Events found!