Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 30th, 2005 12:00

Norton Internet Security - URL Updates

I have a Dell 4700 with Norton Internet Security 2004 installed on it.

Last night I did the LiveUpdate and it downloaded and installed new virus definitions and NIS URL Updates.   When installing the URL Parental Control LIst, it seemed to take a lot longer than usual.

I re-ran LiveUpdate, and it said that there was a new NIS URL Update list... I again installed it.  Just for kicks I re-ran LiveUpdate again and the same URL Update List was listed.  I re-booted the computer tried the LiveUpdate and the same URL Update List showed up.

It looks to me like my system is not recognizing the new list even though everytime I install it, it says that it installed successfully.

Any one know what's up?

11.9K Posts

June 30th, 2005 13:00

@soupman1100 wrote:
I have a Dell 4700 with Norton Internet Security 2004 installed on it.

Last night I did the LiveUpdate and it downloaded and installed new virus definitions and NIS URL Updates.   When installing the URL Parental Control LIst, it seemed to take a lot longer than usual.

I re-ran LiveUpdate, and it said that there was a new NIS URL Update list... I again installed it.  Just for kicks I re-ran LiveUpdate again and the same URL Update List was listed.  I re-booted the computer tried the LiveUpdate and the same URL Update List showed up.

It looks to me like my system is not recognizing the new list even though everytime I install it, it says that it installed successfully.

Any one know what's up?

Mine took a long time also.  and in checking appears to have the exact same issue.  However, since we don't use that function, doesn't matter much to us.

116 Posts

July 2nd, 2005 20:00

First after it download do you get a low vr memory warning when it is installing the Parental Control List? Try and download it again and see if you get the warning.(the warning will show up in the toolbar it looks lia trinangle with (!) in it but you have to be there to see it)I get that when installing that live update.try it and tell me what happens?

1 Message

July 7th, 2005 02:00

DO A SEARCH FOR FILES AND FOLDERS FOR URLLists this file is corrupted rename it URLLists1 do not delete run live update and redownload the whole file again when download is complete close norton run live update again it should be o.k. now then do a search again for URLLists1 and delete. Good Luck it worked for me.

August 17th, 2005 02:00

Just a quick Thanks to Diane. This problem has bugged me for weeks now and your solution worked! And simple, too! :smileyhappy:
No Events found!