Highlighted
7 Gold

Panda: PsEvents.exe & PSExpCampaign.exe errors

Remark:   I have NOT personally experienced (or at least, not noticed) these errors, so I can't offer any first-hand comments.   Rather, I am simply alerting Panda Anti-Virus users to a thread that's posted in the Panda forum, in case someone here is also suffering from the symptoms.

As of 24 April, Panda is experiencing a global issue with Consumer and Corporate products, where these are the symptoms:

- PsEvents.exe errors
- PSExpCampaign.exe errors
- Installation problems (2132 error in Corporate products)

We ... are already studying the issue.
We will communicate any update in this thread.

Sorry for the inconveniences

Those interested should see http://support.pandasecurity.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=93&t=6276&sid=6fcec6f395bc377b0658f72b32774a6...

Free Internet Security - WOT Web of Trust       Use OpenDNS       MalwareBytes Anti-Malware

Windows 10 Pro (64-bit), Panda DOME 18.7.4, MBAM4 Pro, Windows Firewall, OpenDNS Family Shield, SpywareBlaster, MVPS HOSTS file, MBAE Premium, MCShield, WinPatrol PLUS, SAS (on-demand scanner), Zemana AntiLogger Free, Microsoft EDGE, Firefox, Pale Moon, uBlock Origin, CryptoPrevent.

[I believe computer-users who sandbox (Sandboxie) are acting prudently.]

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
4 Ruthenium

RE: Panda: PsEvents.exe & PSExpCampaign.exe errors

I kept ggetting a pop up about PSEvents.dll not working...or words to that effect.

Seems to be gone today.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
6 Gallium

It seeems that the errors reported only apply to Windows XP.

I have not had any problems with Panda Free AV on my Win 7 and Win 10 systems. However today on both systems I received a Panda popup stating only  "Processing error. Contact administrator." And that Panda popup nag to upgrade to a paid version that appears periodically has been formatted in an unusual way for weeks now. I don't know what to make of these anomalies, as the AV works in every other aspect.

Dell Forum Member since 2,000

Use OpenDNS   MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware Free

Windows 10 Pro (64- Bit): Malwarebytes 4.x Premium, Windows Defender AV, Windows Firewall, WinPatrol PLUS, Emsisoft Emergency Kit Free and HitmanPro Free (on-demand scanners), OpenDNS, MVPS Hosts file, SpywareBlaster, Pale Moon web browser, Sandboxie, CCleaner Free.

"In the future, everyone will be anonymous for 15 minutes" - Banksy

0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 Ruthenium

The upgrade roll-up is larger and says my computer is too slow to start up because all kinds of junk. Will never upgrade when nagged. Might make an exception for MB-3 if it ever gets fixed properly. Happy with the 2.x.x version.

0 Kudos