Start a Conversation

Unsolved

VV

60 Posts

April 16th, 2022 01:00

Pop-up showing your pc is infected

I have Dell G3 3500 and McAfee multi device security is installed.I just visited a website(in Google Chrome incognito mode) to watch free Netflix movies and then it open a website which says it is from McAfee and my pc is infected.I didn't click anywhere simply close Google chrome. Is my pc gets infected really.I did a full scan in McAfee and it says you are threats free.Is a hidden malware is installed on my pc?

10 Elder

• 

23.2K Posts

April 16th, 2022 03:00

Probably not, but good practice would be to avoid sites such as the one that caused the problem in the future.  Netflix is a paid service - it is not free, and anyone offering access for free needs to  make money another way -- in this case, by hosting malware.

60 Posts

April 16th, 2022 07:00

To check if I was infected I ran McAfee getsups.exe which search for suspicious file and as I run it and it found a file in C:/Windows/System32/gamingtcuihelpers.dll is a suspicious file but I Google it and it was legit file and after 10 mins windows security says your threats protection is turned off  but McAfee virus scan and firewall were on though but as I tried to open windows security it wasn't opening and telling no apps found then I reinstalled windows security through cmd command .And i restarted my pc and everything was normal threats protection was on.Then i usually started my work after 2 hours again I run McAfee getsups.exe and after 10 mins again virus and threats protection were off .I did Malwarebytes quick scan and it also says you are virus free again I run McAfee getsups.exe and after 10 mins again virus and threats protection were off.So, was malware turning off virus and threats protection?

No Events found!