Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 13th, 2006 10:00

Retrieve McAfee product key

After receiving my computer (with XP Home) I formatted the disk and installed XP Pro which I already have a licence for, plus wanted a "clean" install.
I now need to find the product key for the 15 month McAfee security suite subscription I purchased with the computer.  I remember reading somewhere a web site link with instructions for doing this, but cannot find it now.
Can anyone help with the link or instructions?
Dell e-mail support are responding with a generic e-mail about how to uninstall the McAfee 90 day trial, which is not helping!!

3 Posts

July 11th, 2007 19:00

I have the same problem. My Dell PC arrived infunctional thanks to the Intel Matrix RAID problems with Windows Vista discussed elsewhere. So I had to reinstall it right away without RAID1 which destroyed the original installation. (Note: Dell Support tell me to do so.) Now my McAfee is not activated (I bought a 3 year subscription from Dell!) and the E-Mail support is *really* getting onto my nerves. (Sorry for that, but that's the truth.) Can anyone help me and tell me how to activate the licence? All I have is the CD and the cover with a DS/N Serial number.
No Events found!