jbhagan
1 Copper

Re: Trend Micro Internet Security Will Not Uninstall

Jump to solution

Yes, I did figure out how to remove Trend Micro. Format the hard drive and reinstall everything except Trend Micro.  emoticon.Devil.title

Obviously this is a lame answer but I couldn't find a better solution. I had just purchased the laptop for a customer and could not waste days of troubleshooting the issue.

0 Kudos
joshadams1411
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Lame or not, you got it done.  I just can't figure out how or why these multi-billion dollar companies with resources galore can't make our lives easier.  They all seem to have "brilliant" people staying up nights figuring how to make things "new and improved," when they are neither.  I could go into a litany of failures that Trend, Microsoft, Adobe and others have and continue to make in the name of "progress." 

Good luck.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

RE: Trend Micro Internet Security Will Not Uninstall

Jump to solution

Hi. I encountered a similar issue on a client's Latitude E5420.

When I ran the 'change' option (there was no 'uninstall' option) from the Programs & Features applet in Control Panel it gave me error 1719 and mentioned that the installer service could not be accessed.

I was able to uninstall like this:

Navigate to c:\program files (x86)\trend micro\client server security agent

find the file named ntrmv.exe (I'm not sure it was .exe because extensions were not being displayed).

right-click on ntrmv and click 'run as administrator'.

This produced the uninstaller and completed successfully.

bobot
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Brilliant! That really helped me. Now to get rid of all the other trialware!

0 Kudos
staceymatthews
1 Copper

Jump to solution

The guide I found that uses CMD and the registry on your link. I'm sure it's great, but I don't understand it.

1) Run cmd (Right-click on "Run as administrator") and then type: net use adminstrator activate:yes
2) Run msconfig.exe and task manager and stop all posible services/processes from TrendMicro, exit without restart
3) Run regedit.exe and RENAME the key HKLM/Software/TrendMicro to some other name, "TM" for example
4) Restart
5) same as 1: Run cmd (Right-click on "Run as administrator") and then type: net use adminstrator activate:yes
6) Run regedit.exe 
7) delete HKLM/Software/TrendMicro key 
Cool Then rename "TM" key back to "TrendMicro"
9) Go to Control Panel, select "Programs & Features", select "TrendMicro" and Run Uninstall from there. 

Other Option:

Can't remove Trend Micro in Windows 7? This video will show you how to fully delete it step by step with Perfect Uninstaller. You can easily uninstall Trend Micro internet Security in minutes. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjNdpTBPRsQ

Once you unistall TrendMicro Internet security, then Download Comodo internet security for 100% Virus Protection.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
ky331
5 Iridium

Jump to solution

To the last two or three posters here:

Please realize that you're replying to a 6 year old thread... that already has acknowledged a Verified Answer.

To Stacey:

Your post, involving use of RegEdit, is risky... because if people misinterpret (or misuse) your suggestion, an improper change to one's registry has the potential to yield catastrophic results (including --- worst case scenario --- rendering one's system unbootable).    Suggesting that people back-up their registry before making changes would be prudent... but even so, editing one's registry is not the best advice for inexperienced users.

Free Internet Security - WOT Web of Trust       Use OpenDNS       MalwareBytes Anti-Malware

Windows 7 Pro SP1 (64-bit), avast! v17 Free, MBAM3 Pro, Windows Firewall, OpenDNS Family Shield, SpywareBlaster, MVPS HOSTS file, MBAE Premium, MCShield, WinPatrol PLUS, SAS (on-demand scanner), Zemana AntiLogger Free, IE11 & Firefox (both using WOT [IE set to WARN, FF set to BLOCK]), uBlock Origin, CryptoPrevent.

[I believe computer-users who sandbox (Sandboxie) are acting prudently.]

0 Kudos
flattop900
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Tried this and it worked like a charm! Removed the trial version loaded with Dell Latitude. Super easy compared to other methods that made my head spin. Takes a bit of time so be patient.

Thanks a Million BRANDNODDS!

zinniasoup
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I was finally successful after finding and running this 

Trend Micro Remnant File Remover Tool

https://esupport.trendmicro.com/en-us/home/pages/technical-support/1104912.aspx?vwd=?cm_mmc=KB110580...

It took a while - and I had thought it had frozen up half-way through - but it DID finally complete the process.

0 Kudos