Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 7th, 2008 15:00

Trojan Zlob Strikes - Please Help

Hello

my laptop has been violated by - apparently - trojan Zlob.g.  I have spent all night reading other people's experiences with it and have tried some of the fixes to no avail.  I can't find any evidence of it on my PC, Norton doesn't see it, Windows Defender doesn't see it.  I now turn to Dell in my hour of need.

Symptoms:

- Small Windows style window shows up telling me it has detected Trojan Zlob. When I open IE7 it loads a page telling me about Perfect Defender 2009 which looks dodgy to me.

- IE7 and Firefox both crash within seconds of opening up.

I have read that I need to include a log with this post but since IE/Firefox keep crashing within a few seconds it is impossible.

Can anyone please help?

Thank you

Stevieboy66

20.5K Posts

December 7th, 2008 15:00

Try running Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.
Please download to your desktop Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Here or Here

Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.

• Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
  • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
  • Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan.
  • The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Make sure that everything is checkedPhotobucket
    Click Remove Selected.
  • When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.(See Extra Note)
  • The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
  • If you are still having problems and/or would like a follow-up check to be sure the infection as well as vulnerabilities are gone, copy and paste the entire report into a New Message on the Malware Removal forum. Also include a fresh HijackThis log. Instructions for downloading HijackThis are at the top of that forum.
    1. Just click the Start A New Thread button (upper right) in the Malware Removal forum here:
    http://en.community.dell.com/forums/3521.aspx

to start your own thread requesting assistance for a follow-up check to be sure the malware is gone.
    2. In the discussion window that opens, simply Right-Click and select Paste.

Extra Notes:
If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts,click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process,if asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately.
* If you are unable to download or install MBAM on your computer, see if you can use a friend's or family member's computer to download MBAM. Use this update link here to manually download the update. Once downloaded, rename the program installer "mbam-setup.exe" file to something else like "stevieboy66.exe". Copy the installer file and the update file to a CD or flash drive. Transfer the file to the infected computer. Install the "stevieboy66.exe" file, then run the update so that you will have the current definitions. After that, run a full system scan and select to have the program REMOVE whatever it finds.

-- MBAM may make changes to your registry as part of its disinfection routine. If you're using other security programs that detect registry changes (like Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere with the fix or alert you after scanning with MBAM. Please disable such programs until disinfection is complete or permit them to allow the changes.

December 8th, 2008 01:00

Wow! Worked first time. Thank you very much.

20.5K Posts

December 8th, 2008 05:00

You're welcome. :emotion-1:

No Events found!