Highlighted
3 Argentum

UniDeals adware can't remove

Jump to solution

so a a few days ago, i started to notice UniDeals adds that show up in chrome and firefox. i googled it up, somehow managed to disable it from ever reappearing in firefox, but it still persists in chrome. i did already delete the unideals folder in the x86 files. and the program is not listed in add/remove programs. unfortunately, my computer never made a restore point. (i've had it for 4 months and it never created a restore point?????) so i can't just restore my computer which i would most definitely do. how can i get rid of this piece of <deleted> and get a adware antivirus? i've done 2 full scans from windows defender, but it's not picking anything up.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
6 Gallium

RE: UniDeals adware can't remove

Jump to solution

Hi:

Rather complete instructions with screenshots for manually removing UniDeals from your system and your browsers can be found in this Feb/2015 article:

www.pcrisk.com/.../8664-ads-by-unideals

This article also discusses how you probably installed this pest (typically comes bundled with other freeware, and is installed by default when you select the "Quick" or "typical" install option), and how to avoid this in the future.

Another option that I personally use to remove adware and can highly recommend, is the free adware cleaner program AdwCleaner. Instructions on how to download and use this utility are here:
www.bleepingcomputer.com/.../adwcleaner

I don't think an anti-virus is enough to block adware these days. I use the free browser extension Adblock Plus, which is available for all the major browsers, including Chrome and Firefox. You can get it here:
https://adblockplus.org/en/

Dell Forum Member since 2,000

Use OpenDNS   MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware Free

Windows 10 Pro (64- Bit): Malwarebytes 4.x Premium, Windows Defender AV, Windows Firewall, WinPatrol PLUS, Emsisoft Emergency Kit Free and HitmanPro Free (on-demand scanners), OpenDNS, MVPS Hosts file, SpywareBlaster, Pale Moon web browser, Sandboxie, CCleaner Free.

"In the future, everyone will be anonymous for 15 minutes" - Banksy

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Highlighted
6 Gallium

Jump to solution

Hi:

Rather complete instructions with screenshots for manually removing UniDeals from your system and your browsers can be found in this Feb/2015 article:

www.pcrisk.com/.../8664-ads-by-unideals

This article also discusses how you probably installed this pest (typically comes bundled with other freeware, and is installed by default when you select the "Quick" or "typical" install option), and how to avoid this in the future.

Another option that I personally use to remove adware and can highly recommend, is the free adware cleaner program AdwCleaner. Instructions on how to download and use this utility are here:
www.bleepingcomputer.com/.../adwcleaner

I don't think an anti-virus is enough to block adware these days. I use the free browser extension Adblock Plus, which is available for all the major browsers, including Chrome and Firefox. You can get it here:
https://adblockplus.org/en/

Dell Forum Member since 2,000

Use OpenDNS   MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware Free

Windows 10 Pro (64- Bit): Malwarebytes 4.x Premium, Windows Defender AV, Windows Firewall, WinPatrol PLUS, Emsisoft Emergency Kit Free and HitmanPro Free (on-demand scanners), OpenDNS, MVPS Hosts file, SpywareBlaster, Pale Moon web browser, Sandboxie, CCleaner Free.

"In the future, everyone will be anonymous for 15 minutes" - Banksy

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 Argentum

Jump to solution

thank you for the very detailed answer.

the program removed the infection with ease.

and the adware was in a bundled game installer downloaded form the internet- i never got the option to opt out of it.

i have used adblock plus on both chrome and firefox for many years now.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi, try the guides introduced in this post.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Have a look at this resource How to remove UniDeals virus which may assist you with some idea.

<Admin Note:link removed, website with a bad reputation ~RK>

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Here is a article about How to Uninstall UniDeals adware. Hope it will be helpful!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Malware always can not be found on computers easily. Why not try to log into the safe mode and clear off the flowing files:

C:\WINDOWS\Temp C:\Users\User Name\AppData\Local\Temp

C:\Users\User Name\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files

Then restart your computer and check whether the problem happens again

See resources

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I think you need a professional malware removal tool to <Admin Note: Dangerous link removed per TOU Policy~RK> I also had this adware on my PC last month and finally kicked it off my machine by using an advanced tool.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi,

the adware once entered into the system is very difficult to remove and at last we need to use some third party tool which can help you to get rid of it. after removing also it comes once again and infects our system due to which system slows down and unable to do any type of work. Therefore it becomes necessary to remove such type of infection from system as soon as possible. See how to remove UniDeals from system as this will give you some ideas to get rid of such virus.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
8 Krypton

Jump to solution

Dangerous links have been removed.

This thread is locked, due to age.

If you need assistance, please create a new thread in the proper Dell Support Forum

Thank you

#DellRockstar

Welcome to Dell Community!

#DellWorld 2012
#DellWorld 2015
#Dell EMC World 2016

#MicrosoftMVP - Windows Expert-Consumer April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2015

This is a Dell User Forum. I am a Dell user, just like you are.
0 Kudos