Start a Conversation

Unsolved

3 Apprentice

• 

15.2K Posts

October 3rd, 2019 07:00

Updates 10/3/19 - CCleaner, Firefox, Out-of-band Windows Update

CCleaner v5.62.7538 (03 Oct 2019)

In this release, we have enhanced Microsoft Outlook cleaning and are testing some feature and installer improvements.

General
- Added cleaning for recent searches in Microsoft Outlook

Feature Preview
- Some users of CCleaner will be able to preview the next iteration of our Easy Clean feature. We will fully roll out this feature in the coming weeks

Installer
- We have listened to your feedback and are testing improvements to the presentation of product offers during installation

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner/builds

go for the SLIM build

3 Apprentice

• 

15.2K Posts

October 3rd, 2019 08:00

Firefox Version 69.0.2 (October 3, 2019)

Fixed

• Fixed a crash when editing files on Office 365 websites (bug 1579858)

• Fixed detection of the Windows 10 Parental Controls feature being enabled (bug 1584613)

• Fixed a Linux-only crash when changing the playback speed while watching YouTube videos (bug 1582222)

=======================================

Available via the internal updater:   Help  / About Firefox

3 Apprentice

• 

15.2K Posts

October 3rd, 2019 15:00

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

October 3rd, 2019 16:00

@ky331 wrote:

Out-of-band Windows Update

https://securitygarden.blogspot.com/2019/10/microsoft-out-of-band-security-update.html

I was wondering about yet another new out-of-band MS update when it was offered for my Win 7Pro, 32-bit PC today. 

When PC rebooted the 2nd/final time during the update, Creative Audio Service for my sound card wouldn't start, even when I tried to start it manually. But after rebooting once more, the prob is fixed, at least for now...

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

October 3rd, 2019 17:00

UPDATE:

System sounds aren't working. No sounds when connecting/disconnecting USB devices,  for error alerts, etc. They work when I open the System Sounds screen and click the test button for any of them, but not in actual use.

.m4a music still plays in iTunes, and sound is heard in .mp4 and .flv videos played with an FLV player.

I hate Microsoft...

UPDATE 2: Running sfc /scannow fixed the problem with system sounds caused by the latest out-of-band MS update on Win 7 PC.

No Events found!