Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 23rd, 2013 14:00

VirTool:BeeInject virus removal

I recently purchased a Dell Latitude D630 from Amazon. Computer worked great but windows keeps warning me that the VirTool:BeeInject virus must be removed. I've tried McAfee, Malwarebytes, Microsoft Safety Scanner, Microsoft Security Essentials, Hitman Pro, Eset, SpyDLL remover, and Advanced System Care obviously not all installed at the same time. None of the above mentioned have discovered this virus at all. Windows kept warning me that no firewall was set up which confused me because there was one activated. This computer is less than a month old and I don't want to see it crash on me already. I'm running Windows 7 32bit and have had some type of antivirus on it since the beginning. I don't know what was downloaded that this virus was attached to it. Any further information needed, just ask. Any kind of help is worth it! Thank you!

April 23rd, 2013 14:00

Sorry the full name of the virus is VirTool:win32/beeinject virus, can't seem to find a win32 file anywhere on the hard drive for me to investigate further.

3 Apprentice

• 

20.5K Posts

April 23rd, 2013 16:00

Hi  evanescent714,

Welcome to Dell Community.

Have you experienced any blue screens or redirects?

When Windows reports this, does it tell you where the virus resides?

You did not mention the sequence in which you ran all those scans. It seems odd that Microsoft's own scanners have not found it, although if you had more tools than McAfee and MBAM on there at the same time when you scanned, they may have cancelled each other out. McAfee would have reported it as W32/Routrobot.worm.gen.

Dr. Web targets several variants of this. If you would like to scan with that, please post back so I can post instructions for running a "search" scan. I don't want to have Dr. Web remove anything until I see exactly what it finds because that scanner can sometimes be a bit aggressive. If it does not find anything, I'm leaning toward a false positive.

April 23rd, 2013 17:00

Omg I feel like a complete idiot having not thought of that sooner! I uninstalled all and downloaded Dr. Web. It's only a free trial but what do you recommend I use on my computer that's a free download? It's not really my area of expertise :) Will post back with it's results.

3 Apprentice

• 

20.5K Posts

April 24th, 2013 03:00

Make sure you have downloaded  Dr.Web CureIt .from this link: ftp://ftp.drweb.com/pub/drweb/cureit/drweb-cureit.exe

• Doubleclick the drweb-cureit.exe file to open it.
  • A window will open offering a choice of EPM or Standard Mode
  • Chose EPM
  • A license and updates window will appear. If necessary update, otherwise check the box "I agree to participate..." and click Continue
  • You will not be able to use your computer until the scan is finished. It generally takes only a short time say... around 15/20 mins.
  • Dr Web will scan your computer. When finished a report is saved to C:\users\....\Doctor Web named cureit.log. Copy and paste the contents back here.
No Events found!