Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

1 Rookie

• 

5.8K Posts

February 10th, 2011 20:00

WOT vs McAfee SiteAdvisor vs Norton SafeWeb

FWIW, an interesting comparison between three web reputation and site rating services:
http://www.techairlines.com/2010/09/24/wot-vs-siteadvisor-vs-safeweb/

1 Message

December 15th, 2011 20:00

20.5K Posts

December 15th, 2011 20:00

Check out 
I can't check that out. My security gives me a warning when I try to go there.

20.5K Posts

December 16th, 2011 07:00

823 Posts

December 16th, 2011 16:00

I tried the link posted by way299 at work and got this from our content filter:

Access to this web page is restricted.

Reason:

This site is filtered in the "Proxy Avoidance;Information Technology" category.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 Posts

May 4th, 2012 04:00

you can check safe here: http://checkwebsitesafe.com

website will check site input by wot,google browsing,mcafee, notorn,avg online ...

3 Apprentice

• 

15.2K Posts

May 4th, 2012 07:00

Tieuho,

while CheckWebsiteSafe has the advantage of offering multiple analysis (AVG, WOT, McAfee, Google, Norton) of websites, the "problem" is that the user has to actively go to that site, and type-in (or copy/paste) EACH URL that (s)he is interested in.   This really isn't practical... I don't know of anyone who will actually test every URL before they "visit" there.

In contrast, the various site-advisors listed above are add-ons (plug-ins) that automatically [and very efficiently] work inside the user's browser(s).   WOT, in particular, can be set to either WARN or actually BLOCK any "objectionable" sites [per its database], offering the user continuous protection at all times.

[As noted in my signature, WOT is just one of several layers of protection that I rely upon.]

3 Posts

May 4th, 2012 07:00

Example:

check website naut.homestead.com is safe

check website techairlines.com is safe

No Events found!