Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 6th, 2018 05:00

Dell Vostro 3550 Display not functioning after Windows 10 upgrade.

Hi,

I have a Dell Vostro 3550 that I use for light tasks when I am at home. Recently, I decided to upgrade it and replaced the hard drive with an SSD and upgraded the memory to 8GB. I also upgraded it from Windows 7 to Windows 10. However, on Windows 10 the display does not function correctly (as it did in Win 7). It is not an issue with the display as it boots into the BIOS fine but in Windows, it just goes blank. I have also tried installing Ubuntu to see if the built-in display works there and it is fine. I also tried connecting the laptop to an external display when I booted into Win 10 and it is fine there as well. The only thing that does not work is the built-in display when I boot into Windows 10.

Thanks for your time.

1 Message

March 21st, 2020 15:00

upgrade the BIOS to A12

Had the same issue and the BIOS upgrade fixed the issue.

2 Posts

February 20th, 2020 02:00

solved

this was coursed from software upgrade, not the upgrade from 7 to 10 but among the files that where upgraded.

the graphic upgraded to is not compatible with this dell 3550, so i just connect with an external screen and do a troubleshoot

maybe yours is also fixed,but if not, just go to device manager of your computer and roll back the graphic update from Intel 3000 or so to the previous version and restart the system, thats all, your screen is back again.

2 Posts

February 20th, 2020 02:00

am currently using my dell 3550 to type this,its being connected to external display screen, this is frustrating, i upgrade to windows 10 last week and yesterday the screen just go blind on login page, but usually display on bios page, initially i thought it was the motherboard or the screen that has gone bad till i connect with an external screen this morning....

please i need help solving this issues

it might be a 2011 model but i just bought mine a month ago

May 17th, 2020 09:00

Hi Oakhills,

Are you now able to set the screen resolution to 1366 x 768 ?

Thanks

1 Message

December 5th, 2020 22:00

This was the REAL solution THANK YOU!!

1 Message

August 12th, 2023 07:47

@DJB Canada​ It didn't work on my own 

No Events found!