Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 15th, 2021 08:00

How to turn on backlit keyboard

Hi, I have a Vostro 5459, I tried turning backlit on by pressing F10 and Fn+F10 but none of these work, BUT when I pressed the Caps Lock button, the backlit turned on only Caps Lock. I checked in bios and at Keyboard Type it says non-backlit. I have no idea if there was backlit when it was bought because this is my mother's old laptop and she can't remember about that. Any idea to turn it on or does it only have on Caps Lock button? Thanks

7 Technologist

• 

12K Posts

December 15th, 2021 08:00

Caps lock light is a typical feature on almost all laptops, it does not indicate a backlit keyboard. It probably does not have a backlit keyboard but if you go to the support page and type in the service tag number you can check on the systems configuration as shipped. And if the BIOS does not show a backlit keyboard then you can pretty well be assured of a non-backlit keyboard.

5 Posts

December 18th, 2021 03:00

NgAKhoa_0-1639827181755.png

I think this is the most useful information that I can find for you

7 Technologist

• 

12K Posts

December 18th, 2021 05:00

It looks like the backlit keyboard was supposed to be installed but the fact that the BIOS does not see that keyboard has me wondering. This web page has some suggestions. Go to this page and type in your ST number. It will display a list of compatible parts and may indicate which keyboard you really have.

No Events found!