Start a Conversation

Unsolved

D

6 Posts

January 14th, 2022 23:00

Warranty Upgrade for Vostro 5415 laptop in India.

Hello Everyone ! I am facing  a problem and I have called the Dell support multiple times but they are not helpful in any way.

I bought a Vostro 5415 two weeks ago. I paid quite a premium for the laptop due to taxes here in India. The most disappointing thing is that it came with only 1 year of basic warranty support. Considering it is a business laptop, I want atleast 3 years of support. So, now I want to extend the warranty to include 2 more years of basic support. Since it's a newly bought systen, will I save some money if I extend the warranty now than say 1 year later when the 1 year basic support is going to expire ?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

• 

25.1K Posts

January 14th, 2022 23:00

Hello, I see you are looking for assistance. If you need our help, you could start a private message with us and we will be happy to assist you.

January 20th, 2022 19:00

I am calling for like 3-4 weeks. Dell representatives are still unable to help me on this basic issue. I am already paranoid that what will happen if something critical happens to the device. Dell Indian support is super terrible to the point that I don't think the Indian support team receive any kind of formal training at all. Cheap labour I guess.

10 Elder

• 

23.1K Posts

January 21st, 2022 05:00

Your best option is to return the system and re-order with the warranty you want.

Purchasing an extension other than at purchase time is always more expensive.  That which costs $100 at purchase will be $300 or so after purchase.

No Events found!