Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 1st, 2017 04:00

How to detime ScaleIO serial number

Hi,

Does anyone know how to obtain the Serial Number for a ScaleIO system (Gateway, MDM etc)? I need the identifier used by ESRS and listed in SYR e.g.

Serial Number Product TLA Part Number Install Status
YK8HYYWYRP6D4R ScaleIO 900-001-002 Install - T&M

It's basically a 14 character alphanumeric string and I can't seem to retrieve this via SCLI or the REST API. I can see a 'system id' (e.g. 0d1a32c3438fbcf3) but this isn't what I require.

Any help is appreciated.

December 1st, 2017 06:00

Hello,

The ScaleIO GUI can also show the SW ID of your cluster, this is needed for ESRS. To find this, do the following:

Open the ScaleIO GUI, click the drop down arrow towards the upper right (next to the username). Select System Settings and then select the License tab.

Do note, that this should be the same System ID that you are querying via CLI.

The System ID you listed above looks like a un-licensed ID. Will you double check your cluster to see if your cluster is licensed?

Hopefully this helps.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

December 1st, 2017 07:00

Hi, it does help - definitely!

I'm doing some testing with an unlicensed installation and did wonder if that might be the problem. Are you suggesting that the System ID \ Serial number are one and the same but the character length and format will vary depending on whether the system is licensed or not?

I don't suppose you could provide me a screen shot of the system ID \ Serial on a licensed system could you? Unfortunately, I don't have a licensed system to work with. This is what I can see:

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

Amazing, thank you David - this has saved me a lot of time and a few grey hairs! Have a lovely weekend

One of the requirements for ESRS, is that the cluster has a license. Once the system is licensed the SW ID / System ID will change and will look something like this:

Capture.PNG.png

If you notice this number is 14 characters long.

Excellent glad to hear it, have a great weekend!

No Events found!