Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 11th, 2016 11:00

Does VxRail support the "External PSC" deployment model?

VMware requires the use of "External" Platform Services Controller (PSC) deployment when more than 1 vCenter system is joined together with "Linked Mode" starting in v6.0.  Does the VxRail support the deployment of an external PSC, or does VxRail always require the PSC to be embedded in the vCenter server, and therefore Linked Mode is not supported?

Thanks,

Bill

March 11th, 2016 11:00

Today we only support the embedded PSC. 

7 Posts

September 24th, 2016 12:00

Hi Jeremy,

do you know if there has been any enhancement to support external PSC on 3.5? It is currently supported?

Thanks.

Regards,

Jordi

56 Posts

September 28th, 2016 06:00

External PSC is now supported. Please see further detail in the VxRail Networking Guide: https://www.emc.com/collateral/guide/h15300-vce-vxrail-network-guide.pdf

September 29th, 2016 13:00

JJBN wrote:

Hi Jeremy,

do you know if there has been any enhancement to support external PSC on 3.5? It is currently supported?

Thanks.

Regards,

Jordi

Just to add to Bill's reply.  We do now support external PSC.  When you deploy VxRail with the VCSA running internal the VxRail system, we deploy an external PSC (only option now) - so you do need to make sure you allocate a hostname/IP for the PSC as well as create those DNS entries.

We can also now support external (or existing) vCenter deployments.  If you have vCenter running then you can supply that info during the install and VxRail will install into the vCenter.  In that scenario, VxRail can leverage an embedded (to your vCenter) or non-embedded PSC. 

7 Posts

September 29th, 2016 16:00

Thanks Jeremy, I think a got it. So embedded PSC is not supported in VxRail, so vCenter is deployed (VSA) inside VxRail, but the PSC must be an external server, that MUST be inside the same subnet than vCenter, VxRail manager and the ESXi hosts.

Let me know if I understood correctly.

Thanks.

Regards,

Jordi

7 Posts

September 29th, 2016 16:00

Thanks Bill for the answer.

No Events found!