Magwheelz
1 Nickel

Automatic Repair loop won't stop

I may be able to attempt some fix if I could get into safe mode..but I'm unable to do so. I get an F2(setup) and F12(boot something or other) option but no safe mode in either of those. I did burn to dvd some Windows 10 bootup thing that I saw suggested in another forum but even changing (in the F12 page) for it to boot up via the DVD- the loop continues.

Has anyone had theirs or has anyone read of anyone having theirs eventually repairing themselves by leaving the computer on overnight or longer and just letting it keep looping?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
18 Replies
ieee488
6 Gallium

RE: Automatic Repair loop won't stop

What were you doing when this endless looping started?

0 Kudos
Magwheelz
1 Nickel

Doing sweepstakes online- had  a # of windows open at the same time...but nothing I hadn't been doing for some time now.  

I did do a system restore a fewf weeks ago.  I was getting a blue screen error(bad pool header) but no looping like this. I got a prompt that actually suggested the system restore..so did that and it stopped the error. Now I'm getting that same error in this loop.

0 Kudos
ieee488
6 Gallium

Sounds like a failed hard drive.

0 Kudos
Magwheelz
1 Nickel

I thought if anything it was a memory issue.  But I was able to do a diagnostics(via F12) and both the hard drive and memory passed....

0 Kudos
ieee488
6 Gallium

malware ?

0 Kudos
LSUFAN51
5 Rhenium

" I did burn to dvd some Windows 10 bootup thing "

You mean downloading the windows 10 ISO from the Microsoft site ? Please click the link below and watch video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUUBdz8ytPg

LSUFAN51
5 Rhenium

0 Kudos
Magwheelz
1 Nickel

I scan frequently for viruses and malware..but I suppose anything is possible.

LSUFAN51..yep, that thing! I'll check the video out more tomorrow...watched the first part and it is what I downloaded etc.

Thanks ;-)

0 Kudos
ieee488
6 Gallium

I scan frequently for viruses and malware..but I suppose anything is possible.

Visiting "sweepstakes" websites whatever they are can hardly be considered safe practice.

0 Kudos