Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 30th, 2018 10:00

B1163w Mono MFP scan assistant error

Hello,  I am currently having an error with my B1163w Mono MFP printer when i try to use scan assistant.  The error says "The requested image could not be scanned.  Please, check if your scanner is connected properly, if you system does not have enough memory, please, try to reduce the image resolution or size."  I have tried uninstalling everything for the printer, leaving the printer completely unplugged for more than 10 minutes.  I was wondering if there was a way to factory reset the printer, another way to fix this issue.  I have all the drivers up to date on the printer and I have 300 gb left on the drive i'm trying to scan the image into.

3 Posts

July 25th, 2018 11:00

I Found a solution for the problem, but you can not use the dell software that they provide you with.  I am currently using the Microsoft scan app. https://www.microsoft.com/store/productId/9WZDNCRFJ3PV  That link should take you to it.  With that i am able to scan with the printer and everything.  I have no idea why the dell software doesn't work, but that is the best solution i have came up with at the moment.

2 Posts

June 3rd, 2018 19:00

I'm having the same issue, I've the latest driver dated 2015. Running Windows 10 64bits.

2 Posts

June 3rd, 2018 19:00

Same issue, latest driver plenty of drive capacity, Windows 10, 64 bits.

1 Message

June 8th, 2018 06:00

same issue and i have a Dell B1265dnf - so annoying

1 Message

June 11th, 2018 14:00

Same error here on B1165nfw. Just started in the last week or so. Did Dell auto-update something that is causing us to have this error? Nothing changed on my PC, plenty of disk space, can still print. Just the Dell Scan Assistant gives the error mentioned in the first post.

June 12th, 2018 14:00

Same problem here. Any word on a fix from Dell? How can we get their attention on this? 

4 Posts

June 17th, 2018 04:00

i am now having the same error and i am noticing these replies all seem to be from the last few weeks.  so my assumption would be that with whatever windows update was done over the last few weeks, and there has been one done, that did something to our printers and naturally no one (dell, microsoft) has an answer for it.  i'd prefer not to have any updates at all done.

1 Message

June 21st, 2018 16:00

I'm having same error can't fix it and i'm an i.t. guy!  so whats up Dell!? can anyone give us answer. I'm connected by USB and it connects and prints fine and had been for 2 years till now

1 Message

June 26th, 2018 08:00

I too have the same recent problem - It seems to me that sitting around here waiting for a reply/fix is a waste of time. Dell won't help when you call them as my printer is past warranty. Has anyone else tried to get through on this issue?

1 Message

June 26th, 2018 10:00

I am also getting this same error with my B1265dnf. It worked fine but I know it stopped after a recent Windows 10 update. I tried running it in compatiblity mode and as an administrator, but nothing helped. I'm going to try rolling back to a previous Windows 10 version to see if that works.

1 Message

June 28th, 2018 18:00

I am getting the same message too!  Seems nobody has responded with a fix.

1 Message

June 29th, 2018 06:00

Same issue here too...however a test scan will work from Devices and printers, just not in Scan assistant. Now wondering if a "Scan to PDF" within Adobe DC will work; just that my end-user prefers this Scan Assistant. Whats up Dell? 

4 Posts

July 11th, 2018 19:00

i am having the same exact issue.  i've plugged/unplugged printer cable, which still works fine.  i've uninstalled/installed about a dozen times.  i still cannot get mine to work properly.  did you ever get any type of response or been able to solve this problem?  i use my exclusively for ebay and i'd prefer to not have to continue taking pictures. 

thank you for your time and bringing attention to this.

July 15th, 2018 13:00

Dell needs to update b1163w Twain driver.

I contacted Dell support. They know the problem. It requires them to re-write the Twain interface.
The Dell b1163w is an older, out of warranty printer/scanner. They aren't in a hurry to fix it.
They had rather you buy an new one (from Dell, of course).

Support suggested FastStone. It uses Twain interface. Didn't work.
I also tried Advanced Scan to PDF. Twain interface. Didn't work.

The only one I found that doesn't use the Twain interface is VueScan from Hamrick software.
$40 for home version, $90 for pro version.
Pricey, but if you are stuck in a pinch it's either that or buy an new printer/scanner.
But, if your new printer/scanner uses Twain interface you may have problems.

Looks like HP may have updated their Twain interface for their printer/scanners.
I don't have an HP at this time, so can't be sure.

2 Posts

July 25th, 2018 11:00

Same problem. Still looking for a fix.

No Events found!