Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

K

April 5th, 2018 14:00

Cannot upgrade windows 10 anymore

I have a dell inspiron core i3 that I finally upgraded from windows 7 to windows ten about a year after it came out - before they were going to charge.. Everything has been running perfectly until before the holidays.. Now I get a message saying SMART AUDIO DOESN'T WORK but I just click ok and all's well.. But now every few days when it tries to do the windows 10 upgrade it takes forever and then I get a message saying ONE OR MORE COMPONENTS WON'T UPGRADE.. It takes hours to go back to version 7 and then restart.. Any ideas if I have a hardware or software problem.. Don't know how to get in touch with microsoft.. Tyvm for any help. Also they must have sent the upgrade windows assist icon that appears on my main screen. I tried to use it thinking it might help, but no luck.. If this is a common problem should I try to leave version 7 on the laptop and how would I do that?? TYVM..

2 Posts

I'm currently on windows 10 but everytime it tries to upgrade that version it cannot complete so it throws back to an earlier version.. The windows assist icon they put on my computer says I am like Tens and tens of versions behind.. Or how do I get the windows upgrade message from popping up every few days??

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

@kapleenwrote:

I have a dell inspiron core i3 that I finally upgraded from windows 7 to windows ten about a year after it came out - before they were going to charge.. Everything has been running perfectly until before the holidays.. Now I get a message saying SMART AUDIO DOESN'T WORK but I just click ok and all's well.. But now every few days when it tries to do the windows 10 upgrade it takes forever and then I get a message saying ONE OR MORE COMPONENTS WON'T UPGRADE.. It takes hours to go back to version 7 and then restart.. Any ideas if I have a hardware or software problem.. Don't know how to get in touch with microsoft.. Tyvm for any help. Also they must have sent the upgrade windows assist icon that appears on my main screen. I tried to use it thinking it might help, but no luck.. 

I am confused.

Are you running Windows 7 or Windows 10?

No Events found!