Start a Conversation

Unsolved

K

2 Intern

• 

359 Posts

February 26th, 2019 07:00

Command Update 3.0 does not show in Windows 10 start menu

The newest Dell Command update that comes on the likes of Optiplex 5060's, Latitude 3490's, etc, which I believe is version 3.0, does NOT show up in the Windows 10 start menu at all.

The older version such as 2.1 does appear and works fine.  What happens in Dell Command Update 3.0 that it no longer appears in the start menu?  I downloaded it again from Dell support site and when I ran it it asked if I wanted to repair the install.  I went through the repair and then rebooted.  It still does not show up as a program in the start menu.  Where is it installed to?  If I go to C:\Program Files\Dell\CommandUpdate, the only thing in that folder is a readme file.  Can you let me know the path to the executable so I can just find it in Windows Explorer?

I don't even see a tray icon like the way the XPS15 dell update program works.

This 3.0 seems buggy if you ask me.

February 28th, 2019 08:00

Same issue.  Can't find the executable app after the install is done automatically through a build.  It does show up in the Start menu after I uninstall, reboot then install it again and reboot.

1 Rookie

• 

91 Posts

August 6th, 2019 10:00

It gets installed in C:\Program Files\WindowsApps

You won't be able to run it from there though. Tried and I have about 20% of the machines I installed 3.0/3.0.1 on that it takes a couple of installs/reboots/uninstall/reboot/install before it works. Sort of annoying.

1 Message

July 9th, 2020 09:00

Found it in the Microsoft Store under your installed apps. You can launch and pin it to start from there.

No Events found!