EvanSullivan
1 Copper

Command Update....what the heck?

Looks like in 3.0 they added BIOS password but removed CLI??

So our choices are:

1. Use 2.4 and NOT have a BIOS password (or do some clever scripting to remove, update, then set the password)

2. Physically go to all 900 computers to update all drivers

Docs say it will be added back in future versions but it's been over a year since 3.0 was released.  HP's Image Assistant is ROCKING it, super simple.

Labels (1)
3 Replies
Highlighted
7 Thorium

Re: Command Update....what the heck?

3.0 is very old now and 4.xx does not support older machines or older os.

Dell Command | Configure 4.X or later requires platforms supporting 64 bit WINDOWS 10 WMI-ACPI BIOS. 

NOTE: Dell Command | Configure 4.1 or later Supported Features Nomenclature (Names along with its Configuration Possible Value Names) have been changed across CLI and GUI. Dell Command | Configure even though is Backward Compatible for the Older Nomenclature, it is highly advisable to migrate/create Scripts to start using these Newer Features Nomenclature.

Fixes in the Release  4.2.1

Fix: Dell Command | Configure sets an unknown password for the BIOS issue has been resolved

Description: While running the following command

cctk.exe --setuppwd --valsetuppwd=abcd1234,

Dell Command | Configure displays Only validation option. No actions will be performed. Password is set successfully message issue has been resolved now.

Downloads

Report Unresolved Customer Service Issues
here

I do not work for Dell. I too am a user.

The forum is primarily user to user, with Dell employees moderating
Contact USA Technical Support

Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro

Highlighted
EvanSullivan
1 Copper

Dell Command only does BIOS settings, doesn't it?  That's a different thing.  I tried that and I only saw stuff to set configs in BIOS.

I want to update all drivers and BIOS.

Command and Command Update are two different programs with two different functions from what I see

Highlighted
EvanSullivan
1 Copper

Version 3.1 was release the day I posted this.  Works great!

https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=v104d