Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

Community Manager

• 

377 Posts

July 19th, 2022 03:00

DS 07/19: Is it ok to disable ‘User Account Control’ in Win 10?

Is it ok to disable ‘User Account Control’ in Windows 10? Why or why not?

For more questions regarding this contests, please visit the Contest Information Page here.

4 Operator

• 

1.8K Posts

July 19th, 2022 07:00

Can you please explain why you want to disable it? That would help me to understand your real issue or goal so I can suggest a good solution.

I recommend that you do not disable User Account Control. Even an advanced user can sometimes click a "yes" or "confirm" button by accident or without thinking, and that could cause a bad result. That could enable malware to be installed or some key Windows setting to be changed in an undesirable way.

User Account Control exists to protect your system from malware or unwanted configuration changes. It generally works quite well and the prompt for consent or credentials takes only a couple of seconds.

If it truly bothers you, I suggest that you modify its settings to reduce the circumstances in which you would see it, rather than to disable it entirely. You can access its settings in the  User Account Control settings control panel, which you can reach by typing User Account Control in the Windows menu search box.

You can learn a lot more about User Account Control here: How User Account Control works (Windows) - Windows security | Microsoft Docs

No Events found!