Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 1st, 2018 09:00

Dell Command | Update 3.0 - Import policy via command line?

With the older versions of Dell Command | Update, I was able to use dcu-cli.exe to import the policy for Command | Update.

With Dell Command | Update 3.0 for Windows 10, I can not find a way to import the policy (XML file) using a command line.  Is this still an option?

I have a few thousand machines I'd like to push this to and my goal here is to set the client for "Manual Updates Only".  I'm open to setting this another way if anyone has a suggestion.

9 Posts

November 1st, 2018 11:00

I think I found an alternate way to set this in the registry.

HKLM\SOFTWARE\DELL\UpdateService\Clients\CommandUpdate\Preferences\Settings\Schedule

ScheduleMode = ManualUpdates 

3 Posts

January 31st, 2019 20:00

In V3, Dell Removed CLI support.  No Importing Policy or Triggering DCU from command line.  However, as you have found, you can create the settings on a test machine, export the associated registry key, then use that as your make-shift policy.   For Enterprise use, until they add CLI support to 3.X, I see no point in moving past 2.4.

1 Message

February 1st, 2019 07:00

You can export/import settings over the registry but you can't trigger to do the updates over the command line (usefull by deployment tools like sccm). That the reason why enterprises are still using 2.4.

Customers are waiting about 6 Months for this feature "(will be restored in future release)". It will be nice when Dell can here make a comitment about when we can have this feature back. 

1 Message

May 16th, 2019 11:00

You used "Dell" and "commitment" in the same phrase?

How could you?

No Events found!