Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

F

October 8th, 2017 10:00

Dell Inspiron 7567 touchpad problem

Hi, guys!

Since Russian OFFICIAL DELL support refused my request (although my laptop is on warranty), I've decided to try to find help here.

I've set middle click (wheel push) on a "three finger touch" touchpad gesture using windows 10 settings but each time I use that gesture, touchpad immediately stops working (algthough middle click was accoplished - I've tried to open a new tab in a browser and the tab has opened). Only reboot helps to get touchpad working again. Does anybody know how to solve that problem?

The problem occures on a Dell Inspiron 7567 laptop.

Hope someone knows how to solve that. :)

12 Posts

October 9th, 2017 13:00

Despite the fact that the administrator moved this topic to the software section, I still think that the problem is in the hardware drivers, not in the operating system. :)

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

October 9th, 2017 14:00

I also think your issue is not hardware failure. Specifically, what was your request of them? Did they state why they refused? The only hardware issue I can find related to the touchpad was being loose and rattling. Your issue sounds more like software, driver, or operating system. Read through this and see if it helps.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

October 9th, 2017 15:00

On my touchpad for three fingers I only show 4 options.  Since your choice is not one of those, how did you get that option to show.  My system uses the basic Win 10 driver.

I am on my 9365 right now and have not checked the 7567.

12 Posts

October 9th, 2017 16:00

I have 5 options. And the fifth is mouse middle button. :)

12 Posts

October 9th, 2017 17:00

"Specifically, what was your request of them? Did they state why they refused?"

I've asked the same question as in this topic. Here is translation of their respons:

"The type of guarantee Partner Led Carry In Service on your device does not cover the receipt of technical support, diagnostics and software support using remote communication channels (telephone, chat, e-mail).

For technical support and diagnostics, you can contact Dell Authorized Service Centers but they don't provide support for the download, installation and use of operating systems, drivers and other software".

I've bought not just hardware but hardware and pre-installed software on it. And the hardware does not work correctly with that software, so I was expecting that they will help but intead I've got a bunch of adresses to third-party companies which will not help me because they "don't provide support for the download, installation and use of operating systems, drivers and other software". Who is responsible for such issues then?

Also I've read the guid on the link. It didn't help. :(

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

OK, I did not notice the 3 finger Tap options.  Mine seems to work, if I 3 finger tap in IE it starts the scroll function.  

I do not have a mouse connected which might have drivers for its middle button.., just the basic system using Win 10.

12 Posts

I also tried to update all drivers. It didn't help.

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

October 10th, 2017 11:00

Being in the USA, I do not know about the arrangements in Russia. All I could find was this. You might need to post on the Windows 10 Forums here and see if other Windows 10 users have seen this issue.

12 Posts

October 10th, 2017 15:00

I'll try. Do you know also who provides touchpads to Dell? :)

No Events found!