Solved!

Go to Solution

1 Rookie

• 

12 Posts

January 24th, 2021 05:00

Dell OS Recovery Tool - Most recent Windows 10 version

Hello,

If I use the ‘Dell OS Recovery Tool’ to reinstall my system including all the Dell pre-installed software and drivers, will it install the most recent version of Windows 10 (currently version 20H2 19042.746) or will it ship with the version that came pre-installed om my Dell system (19H2 18363)?

If it will install the pre-installed version, is it possible to integrate the most recent Windows 10 .ISO from the Windows website (through the Creation Tool) with the Dell OS Recovery Tool? So that an image will be created with the most recent version of Windows 10 including all the pre-installed drivers and software from Dell?

Thanks in advance.

(Yes, I know I can create a USB with the Windows Creation Tool and perform a clean install through that way. But I actually like the integrated Dell software and although I can install it afterwards, it would be great if there was a possibility to integrate this with the most recent Windows 10 ISO file)

• 

25.7K Posts

January 25th, 2021 00:00

Thank you! We have received the required details. We will work towards a resolution. In the meantime, you may also receive assistance or suggestions from the community members.

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

February 10th, 2021 14:00

• 

25.7K Posts

January 24th, 2021 23:00

We tried reaching you on a private message asking for the Service Tag number to ascertain the warranty but did not receive a response. Please feel free to reply to the private message whenever you are available.

No Events found!