Highlighted
CharlieWatson
1 Copper

Error in the excel file

I work in a large firm. For the annual report, I needed a file that I could not open. Excel 2007 reported an error unknown to me - wtc17.xlsx, became corrupted, the table should be restored before use again. Tell me if I can open it and how? This is very important because it is designed to solve such problems, technical support in the office due to the recent big accident in the server room can not help me.

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Re: Error in the excel file

CharlieWatson,

Below is information for resolving the excel error.

Error Excel 2007

How to Resolve 'Excel cannot open the file '(filename)'.xlsx' Error of MS Excel 2007?

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?
0 Kudos
zlatanlex
1 Copper

Such problem is decided with the help of <Non public info removed>. I entered such phrase xlsx repair tool and got many helpful articles, guide, tutorials and etc. See and learn it.

0 Kudos
Robinsan
1 Copper

You can try these basic methods to fix this opening file issue XLXS mentioned in Blog to fix the error of excel cannot open the file in MS.

Method 1: Modify File Format of Workbook

1. Launch MS Excel 2016 application on the system.

2. Click on File tab to bring its menu.

3. After that, select Export option from the pop-out menu.

4. Next, select Change File Type under the Export section. Afterward, choose Workbook(*.xlsx) option under Change File Type heading.

Method 2: Take Help of ‘Open and Repair’

1. Start Excel application and click on File tab.

2. Go to Open option and click on Browse to upload the file that is corrupted.

3. From the Open window, select the file and go to the Open drop-down button.

4. Hit the button and select Open and Repair. 

0 Kudos
Robinsan
1 Copper

@CharlieWatson wrote:

I work in a large firm. For the annual report, I needed a file that I could not open. Excel 2007 reported an error unknown to me - wtc17.xlsx, became corrupted, the table should be restored before use again. Tell me if I can open it and how? This is very important because it is designed to solve such problems, technical support in the office due to the recent big accident in the server room can not help me.

When this kind of error occurs, it might be due to corruption or some internal setting which has been disabled. So, here I have mentioned 2 manual methods which can help you to get rid of this issue.

ref: https://www.systoolsgroup.com/updates/file-is-corrupted-and-cannot-be-opened-in-excel/

Method 1: Change Protected View Settings

• Open Microsoft Excel application on your system.
  • Then, click on the File tab and choose Options.
  • From the Options Window, select Trusted Center.
  • After that, you can choose Trusted Center Settings.
  • Choose Protected View under the new window.
  • Now, Uncheck all the options and press OK button.
  • Restart this application and now, you can try to open MS Excel.

Method 2: Change Component Services Settings

• Go to Start icon and type “dcomcnfg” inside the search box. Now, choose dcomcnfg from the given program list
  • Click on Navigation pane and then, expand the Component Services.
  • After that, you can go to Computers and expand it.
  • Right-click on the My Computer and click Properties option.
  • Open Default Properties tab and then, set Default Authentication Level: Connect and Default Impersonation Level: Identify. Press OK.
0 Kudos