Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

August 3rd, 2015 18:00

How To Uninstall Windows 10

I upgraded last night to windows 10. Lots of stuff I don't like and I still like 8.1. I miss the start page that scrolled side by side, it is faster than windows 10 is. Win 10 is so slow compared to my 8.1 that I upgraded. Browser is all white it was blue before the upgrade and everything was like that when I bought it almost 11 months ago. This is a start menu but not like it was before win 7. All the windows is white at the top, there is no colored windows what so ever. Firefox was blue before the upgrade now the top bar is white.

I have a windows 8.1 Inspiron 15 3000 series 3542 laptop. If some of you could guide me to uninstall windows 10 after I installed it. I read somewhere we have a month to uninstall if we decide we don't like windows 10.

Do I need to do a restore of 8.1 before I remove win 10 to get rid of win 10?
8.1 was faster than 10. All my windows open up so slow it takes forever to do anything. Control panel, doc, music etc and start up takes so long to start up and go to the desk top. 8.1 loaded within just a few second. Please guide me to remove and uninstall windows 10!

39 Posts

August 3rd, 2015 19:00

From Windows 10 I believe you go to Settings>update and security>recovery-There should be an option there to rollback to 8.1, Try that and let us know if that works for you, That is what I read was the procedure.

3 Apprentice

• 

20.5K Posts

August 3rd, 2015 19:00

Here are a few details on rolling back to the previous operating system:

https://techingiteasy.wordpress.com/2015/03/24/how-to-rollback-to-a-previous-version-of-windows-from-windows-10/

#MicrosoftMVP

2 Posts

August 6th, 2015 13:00

This is correct. I have tried to install Windows 10 , once when it was first released (it failed on my so called windows 10 compatible Dell inspiron 15 7548) and it reinstalled Windows 8.1 quickly and almost trouble free. I tried to install it again after the release of Service Release 1, and guess what, it failed again for a different reason than the first time. When it was running for a very short time I found it to be very unstable and so unreliable. This time rather than the first time Internal Power Error, the screen just kept flashing, even when I booted into Safe Mode. Again I eventually managed to roll back to Windows 8.1 without problems apart from having to reinstall a couple of apps that must have updated themselves to the Win 10 versions and so would not run in Win 8.1. If you check out the internet it seems that mostly everything regarding Win 10 is wonderful, but I will leave well alone until there is a major update due out in or about October.

16 Posts

August 8th, 2015 15:00

I had the option to roll back to 8.1 from 10 and I did that. After it finished some programs didn't work anymore, IE 11 when I clicked on the icon well, it could not be found. Since I already had everything backed up I just did a factory restore which took about 8 hours, I did the restore like if I was going to sell or give the pc to another person. I've never done this one so I just tried this. All working fine now.

Windows has offered me to reserve again and tried to install a few updates for 10 but failed. I'm going to wait since we do have a year for the free upgrade. Need to find how to turn the top and bottom browser bar blue or another color other than white.

What might make the install work better and faster is do a complete factory restore of the previous operating system, update all drivers, win updates and so on and then install win 10. Any software that you use install them after going to win 10. I did this with XP when I went from windows ME and it worked better!

2 Posts

August 11th, 2015 16:00

Just thought I would update from my last post.

After being very fed up with the problems when trying to update from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 on my Inspiron 15 7548 I thought I would give it just one more try. I use Kaspersky Internet Security which I uninstalled leaving only the licence key installed. I then started the update via Windows Update, I have never held my breath for so long :-) It took a good deal longer to download the files, so either these files have been changed or the Windows servers were slower than in the past. Well guess what happened! it actually worked. No flashing screen, no loss of WiFi, sound OK, Bluetooth working, and graphics on my 4K screen showing correctly (bliss). After login, I did nothing for quite some time apart from allowing Windows to do any updates it wished and rebooting when required. It was then quite late, so I left it until the next day, booted up first thing, and all seemed well. I downloaded Kaspersky Internet Security 2016 from Kaspersky's .com site. I stopped Windows Defender, and installed Kaspersky which recognised my licence key, I then ran the Kaspersky update. Again all seems well. There have been some small intermittent issues such as Microsoft Edge refusing to close on a couple of odd occasions, but nothing much to worry about, and lets face it, these things also happen in both Win 7 and 8.1.

So it looks to me that the initial problems involved with upgrading the Inspiron 15 7548 have mostly been solved and I find Win 10 overall to be an improvement on Win 8.1.

2 Posts

August 11th, 2015 20:00

I strongly caution you against rolling back from Windows 10 to 8.1.  I just did that and it completely crashed Windows.   Microsoft Level 2 tech support told me that Windows can not be repaired and that my only option is to reinstall Windows, which will wipe my entire hard drive clean.   Most egregiously this is a known problem that they are apparently keeping under wraps.

November 19th, 2015 23:00

There are lots of issues because of that users are rolling back to their previous OS after Windows 10 upgrade. Some of them are :

• “Couldn’t Install Windows 10 Error (0XC1900101 – 0x20017)” While Windows 10 installation
  • Windows 10 upgrade error 0x80246017
  • error code -54 in iTunes on Windows 10
  •  “Error 0x80004005” While “Windows 10 KB3087040 Update”
  • Windows 10 Start Button not working
  • Windows 10 Error 0x803F7003
  • “This Publisher has been Blocked from Running Software on your Machine” in Windows 10

But you can uninstall Windows 10 within 30 days if upgrading, for  the complete guide you can visit:

http://www.pcerror-fix.com/secret-complete-steps-to-uninstall-windows-10-and-downgrade-to-windows-8-1-8-and-7

No Events found!